Shahi Bridge, Jaunpur
Panoramic view of Shahi bridge
|Maintained by||Directorate of Archaeology, (U.P.)
UP Bridge corporation
|Preceded by||Boat Bridge of Sharki's|
|Followed by||New Bridge|
|Collapsed||1934 (partial i.e. ⅓)|
Shahi Bridge or Munim Khan's Bridge or Akbari Bridge or Mughal Bridge or Jaunpur Bridge is a 16th-century bridge over river Gomti in Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. The Shahi Bridge is located 1.7 kilometres (1.1 mi) north of Jaunpur, 7.3 kilometres (4.5 mi) northwest of Zafarābād, 16.2 kilometres (10.1 mi) north-northeast of Mariāhū and 26.6 kilometres (16.5 mi) west-northwest of the town of Kirākat.
Mughal Emperor Akbar ordered the construction of the Shahi Bridge, which was completed in the year 1568–69 by Munim Khan. It took four years to complete the bridge. It was designed by Afghan architect Afzal Ali.
The bridge is on the Protection & Conservation list of Directorate of Archaeology, (U.P.) since 1978.
The bridge is generally recognised as Jaunpur's most significant Mughal structure.
William Hodges in his book 'Select Views in India' mentions about bridge:
"The inundations have been frequently known to rise even over the bridge in so much that in the year 1774 a whole brigade of the British forces was passed over it in boats."
Rudyard Kipling's poem Akbar's Bridge mentions this bridge. 
- ACME MApper
- Asher, Catherine Ella Blanshard (1992). Architecture of Mughal India. The new Cambridge history of India. 1.4. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 87. ISBN 978-0-521-26728-1.
- Makhfi, Shahid A (22 April 2003). "Legacy of Sharqi Kingdom of Jaunpur". Victory News Magazine. Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- Bradnock, Roma (2004). Footprint India (13 ed.). Bath: Footprint Books. p. 193. ISBN 978-1-904777-00-7.
- Cumming, Sir John (1939). Revealing India's Past. London: India Society. p. 65. ISBN 978-1-4067-0408-2.
- Directorate of Archaeology (Uttar Pradesh): Protection & Conservation list
- Jaunpur: Mulayam to inaugurate bridge on Nov 28
- MULAYAM SINGH YADAV INAUGURATES VARIOUS DEVELOPMENT WORKS COSTING RS. 128 CRORE IN JAUNPUR
- India a modern idők elött
- Alfieri, Bianca Maria. 2000. Islamic Architecture of the Indian Subcontinent. London: Laurence King Publishing, 103.
- bridge across the Gomati River :: Jaunpur (India) -- Britannica
- Students' Britannica India By Dale Hoiberg, Indu Ramchandani
- India Perspectives: JAUNPUR: SHIRAZ OF INDIA
- Islamic studies in India By Mohamed Taher
- PROGRESS IN NANOTECHNOLOGY By Govind Prasad, Shardendu Kislaya
- Northeast India By Vanessa Betts, David Stott