Shahid Sadooghi Airport
Yazd Shahid Sadooghi Airport
فرودگاه شهید صدوقی يزد
|Owner||Iranian Airports Holding Company|
|Operator||Iran Civil Aviation Organization|
|Elevation AMSL||4,054 ft / 1,236 m|
Yazd-Shahid Ayatollah Sadooghi Airport (Persian: فرودگاه شهید آيتاللّه صدوقی یزد) (IATA: AZD, ICAO: OIYY) is an airport in Yazd, Iran. The airport lies 10 kilometers away from the city center of Yazd and serves the city as well as all of the surrounding counties. The Shahid Sadooghi Airport also serves as a part of the important North-South transportation corridor within the Islamic Republic of Iran. For administrative and census purposes, it is a treated as a village in Fajr Rural District, in the Central District of Yazd County, Yazd Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 127, in 33 families.
The airport was established in 1970 upon 575 hectares of land. Even though the airport does not have an international status, there are occasional charter flights as well as scheduled passenger services to neighboring countries such as Iraq and Syria. Furthermore, the airport provides routine international service to Jeddah and Medina in Saudi Arabia for the annual Hajj season.
Despite operating at 40-50% capacity, a total of 431,500 passengers traveled through Shahid Sadooghi Airport in 2012, making it the eleventh busiest airport in Iran in terms of passenger traffic and number of flight operations.
Airlines and destinations
|ATA Airlines||Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Iran Air|| Ahwaz, Bandar Abbas, Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad|
Seasonal: Baghdad, Medina
|Iran Airtour Airline||Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Iran Aseman Airlines||Bandar Abbas, Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Iranian Naft Airlines|| Ahwaz, Bandar Abbas, Tehran-Mehrabad |
|Iraqi Airways||Seasonal: Baghdad|
|Kish Air|| Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad |
- "Traffic Figures". Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- "جایگاه یازدهم فرودگاه یزد به لحاظ تعداد پرواز و مسافر در کشور". 1 January 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "مسیر اهواز به پروازهای فرودگاه شهید صدوقی یزد اضافه شد". 14 May 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "پرواز یزد - کیش- یزد از فردا برقرار میشود". 30 January 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Airport information for OIYY at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an Iranian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Yazd County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|