|Dr Shahidha Kazi Bari|
Shahidha Bari at the music and philosophy festival HowTheLightGetsIn 2013
|Education||Kings College Cambridge|
|Occupation||Academic, critic, broadcaster|
Shahidha Bari is a British writer, academic and critic, based in London.
Shahidha Bari was educated at King's College Cambridge. She is Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London  , Fellow of the Forum for European Philosophy at the London School of Economics  and one of the regular presenters of the BBC Radio 3 Arts and Ideas programme Free Thinking.
In 2011, Bari was selected as one of ten BBC Radio 3 New Generation Thinkers, a new project launched in conjunction with the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) to communicate academic research to a wider audience.
Her academic work moves between the fields of literature, philosophy, psychoanalysis and visual culture. Her first book, Keats and Philosophy: The Life of Sensations, was published in 2012.
She has presented documentaries for BBC Radio 4 and the BBC World Service. Bari is an occasional presenter of BBC Radio 4's Front Row  and a frequent contributor to BBC Radio 4's "Woman's Hour", and "Saturday Review".
In print, her writing appears in The Financial Times, The Guardian, The Observer and the New Statesman. She is a regular columnist for Times Higher Education, a reviewer for The Times Literary Supplement  and a contributor to Aeon (digital magazine) and frieze (magazine).
She is a trustee of the educational mentoring charity The Arts Emergency Service.
She is currently writing about the culture of clothes and her book "Dressed" will be published in 2019.
- "Shahidha Bari". Queen Mary, University of London. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Forum for European Philosophy". London School of Economics. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "Salman Rushdie, Lionel Shriver, Uncertainty". Free Thinking. BBC Radio 4.
- Mark Brown (28 June 2011). "X Factor-style search for 10 academics from generation think". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Shahidha Bari (8 March 2015). "Anthony Burgess prize-winning essay, 2014: National Theatre's Medea". The Observer.
- "Keats and Philosophy: The Life of Sensations". Times Higher Education. 20 September 2012.
- "Orla Kiely; Belinda Bauer; Asian theatre". Front Row. BBC Radio 4.
- "Late Night Woman's Hour". Woman's Hour. BBC Radio 4.
- "Deep Blue Sea; Fire At Sea; Edmund White; Winifred Knights; Outcast/Preacher". Saturday Review. BBC Radio 4.
- "Rain: Four Walks in English Weather'". Financial Times Life and Arts.
- "Game Theory'". The Guardian.
- Shahidha Bari. "Marriage as a Fine Art, by Julia Kristeva and Philippe Sollers". Times Higher Education.
- Shahidha Bari (6 February 2017). "Undone Done, Sam McKnight, Somerset House, London". Times Literary Supplement.
- Shahidha Bari (19 May 2016). "What do clothes say?". Aeon.
- "Life and times of Alexander McQueen". Frieze Art Magazine.
- "Dressed". Shahidha Bari.