Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited
|Products||Banking services |
|Website||Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited|
The Bank was incorporated on 10 May 2001. In 2014 Bangladesh Anti Corruption Commission arrested bank director and former chairman Mohammed Solaiman on charges of embezzling 1.4 billion Taka from the bank through bad loans given to Joynob Steel, SK Steel and Paradise Corporation. In the same year another Director Mohammed Solaiman was accused by Bangladesh Anti Corruption Commission charged his with misappropriating 1.49 billion Taka. In 2015 Bangladesh Anti Corruption Commission sued Bismillah Group’s Managing Director Khaza Solaiman Anwar Chowdhury for embezzling 1.1 billion Taka from the bank. In 2016 Bangladesh Anti Corruption Commission former deputy managing director of the bank, Md Monjerul Islam and four others, charged them with embezzling 2.5 billion Taka. They did so by opening fake letter of credit.
- Iqbal, Md Ashik. "Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited". en.banglapedia.org. Banglapedia. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Shahjalal Islami Bank's AGM and EGM held". weeklyblitz.net. Weekly BLiTZ. 27 June 2016. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Shahjalal bank director held". thedailystar.net. The Daily Star. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Shahjalal Bank director on remand". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Bismillah Group scam: ACC okays charge sheet against 14". thedailystar.net. The Daily Star. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "ACC prosecutes Shahjalal Islami Bank DMD, 4 others for 'embezzling 2.5 billion'". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Tk9.9bn scam by Bismillah Group". archive.dhakatribune.com. Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
|This Bangladesh-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|