|Occupation||Performance Poet, Author, Translator, Teacher of Advanced Spirituality, Lecturer and Recording Artist.|
Shahram Shiva (Persian: شهرام شیوا) is a performance poet, award-winning translator, scholar, author, teacher of advanced spirituality, lecturer, and a recording artist, whose principal subject is Rumi, a 13th-century Persian poet and philosopher. Shahram Shiva translates and renders the poetry of Rumi directly from the original Persian.
Shahram Shiva was born in Persia to a family of Jewish heritage and migrated to the US in his mid teens. He began translating Rumi's poetry in 1988.
Since 2009 Shahram Shiva has expanded his repertoire to include new original lyrics and songs.
Since 1992, Shahram Shiva has been presenting concerts at numerous venues, including the United Nations, the Smithsonian Institution, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Joyce Theater, Kripalu Center, Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, New York Open Center, Yale University, Columbia University, and New York University, among many others.
- The Prophet Is You: The Future of Spirituality. Not published yet.
- Rumi, Thief of Sleep: Quatrains from the Persian. Foreword by Deepak Chopra. Hohm Press.
- Hush, Don't Say Anything to God: Passionate Poems of Rumi. Jain Publishing.
- Rending the Veil: Literal and Poetic Translations of Rumi. Hohm Press. (Recipient of the Benjamin Franklin Award)
- A Garden Beyond Paradise: The Mystical Poetry of Rumi. Bantam Books.
- Love Evolve, a collection of 10 songs. A mix of Rumi poetry set to music, and original songs with lyrics by Shahram Shiva. Produced by the GRAMMY Award-winner Danny Blume and Shahram Shiva.
- Rumi: Lovedrunk (Remastered), 2012 Release. A remastered release with enhanced sound and new cover design. A collection of 10 songs with lyrics based on Rumi poems, as translated and interpreted by Shahram Shiva. Produced by Olivier Glissant and Shahram Shiva.
- Rumi: Lovedrunk, a collection of 10 songs with lyrics based on Rumi poems, as translated and interpreted by Shahram Shiva. Produced by Olivier Glissant and Shahram Shiva.