Shahrud County highlighted in Semnan Province
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Bastam District, Beyarjomand District|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Shahrud County can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "9206417" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".|
Shahrud County (Persian: شهرستان شاهرود) is a county in Semnan Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Shahrud. At the 2010 census, the county's population (including those portions detached in 2011 to form Meyami County) was 238,830, in 70,598 families; excluding those positions, the population (as of 2006) was 188,183, in 52,613. The county is subdivided into three districts: the Central District, Bastam District, and Beyarjomand District. The county has five cities: Shahrud, Bastam, Mojen, Kalateh Khij, and Beyarjomand.
Notable natives and residents
- Bayazid Bastami, 9th century Sufi
- Abu al-Hassan al-Kharaqani (963-1033), Sufi
- Abbas Foroughi Bastami (1798-1857), poet
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران [Atlas Gitashenasi Ostanhai Iran] (Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran)
|This Shahrud County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|