Shri Shailendra Sharma (born 10 July 1957) – is kriya yoga yogi and guru. He is the author of yogic commentaries on classic texts of yoga and indian philosophy: Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Shiva Sutras of Vasugupta and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
Youth and Search for a Guru
Shailendra Sharma was born in Bhopal (India). After college (1978, Master’s degree in Political Science) Shailendra was going to join Indian Army. But his world-outlook suffered great changes at that time. It was caused by the unpredictable deaths of some of his relatives. Besides he has read "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda by that time. So Shailendra refused to be in the Army and decided to devote his life to searching the answer to a question "What is death and what is after it". He began his wandering around India searching for a Kriya Yoga Guru. On 1 October 1982, he was initiated as a disciple by Satyacharan Lahiri, grandson of Lahiri Mahasaya, who in turn was authorised by Satya Charan Lahiri ji, on 28 April 1984, to became the next Guru in His Lineage i.e the 5th Guru in the Lineage of Babaji and Lahiri Mahasaya ji. Shailendra Sharma has also been directly taught by Babaji. 
Kriya Yoga Guru
After two years of ardent practice, Shailendra became a guru as well as a successor of Satyacharan Lahiri on 28 April 1984. He began to initiate disciples himself. He entered samadhi for the first time in 1984. According to Shailendra, he first met Babaji Maharaj on 2 April 1988 in Benaras. Babaji taught him some special Kriya yoga pranayamas. He described him this way:
Babaji has a very slim figure. Almost average height, 5’ 9. But he looks strong physically. For the first time I saw him on 2 April 1988. He was dressed like a Bengali - in a dhothi and а shirt. White dhothi and lightly creamish shirt. And then after seven years he came here on 21 December night, or rather it was morning of 22nd. He wore only a white cloth around the hips. His body has no hair - no hair on the chest or legs.
Shailendra wrote commentaries on Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and Shiva Sutras of Vasugupta in a span of 14 months between January 1992 to March 1993. He wrote the commentary on Bhagavad Gita in merely 21 days, that on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali in 4 days, and on Shiva Sutras of Vasugupta in a day alone. He also wrote a collection of 53 poems in 3 days.
Shailendra Sharma is a yogi who achieved realisation through his many-years of yoga practice. That is why his teaching has a practical value: the whole range of pranayamas and mudras are aimed at the human mind’s going beyond the limits of the body and learning its boundlessness as a united Consciousness that manifests itself in everything. Beginning with a physical level (understanding of physical limitations is a key to comprehending the infinite consciousness), at high stages Kriya practice allows a yogi to achieve a level of Pure Thought that is beyond any words and images. Consciousness no longer needs rough (physical) perception of a manifested world because it experiences unity with immortal source of creation that gives birth to everything. Body ceases to be a boundary to consciousness and turns into its creative instrument.
- Yogeshwari Srimad Bhagavad Gita: A Yogic Commentary
- Yoga Darshan: A Commentary on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
- Shiva Sutras: A Commentary of Shri Shailendra Sharma
- Some Flowers And Some Thorns
- The Wayfarer
- At The Right Hand Of God: Selected Darshans
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika of Swatmarama: A Manual of Kriya Yoga
- Transcribed records of the interviews with Shri Shailendra Sharma, WS_30070.mp3, 29 November 2007, ХАВ
- Sharma, Shailendra, Yogeshwari Srimad Bhagavad Gita: A Yogic Commentary. ISBN 978-1481039567
- Sharma, Shailendra, Yoga Darsan: A Yogic Commentary. ISBN 978-1477634240
- Sharma, Shailendra, Siva Sutra. ISBN 978-1478289166
- Sharma, Shailendra, Some Flowers and Some Thorns. ISBN 978-1481039611
- Sharma, Shailendra, The Wayfarer. ISBN 978-1470028824
- Sharma, Shailendra, At The Right Hand Of God. ISBN 978-1484196717
- Sharma, Shailendra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika of Swatmarama: A Manual of Kriya Yoga. ISBN 978-1491015933
Web-sites about Shri Shailendra Sharma