Shailendra Singh (singer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Shailendra Singh|
|Born||4 October 1952|
Bombay, Bombay State, India
Shailendra Singh was born in Mumbai, India to a Punjabi family. He studied at Hill Grange High School at Peddar Road, and did his graduation from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. He then joined the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune to train as an actor, but got his first break as a playback singer in the film, Bobby, during his second year at the FTII.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shailendra Singh had many hit songs to his credit. Raj Kapoor gave Singh a break when he signed him for Bobby. The song Main Shayar To Nahin became a big hit, after which offers started pouring in. His song Humne Tumko Dekha from the film Khel Khel Mein rocked the entire nation. However, his popularity was short-lived. His rendition of "Jaane Do Na" from Saagar along with Asha Bhosle added to the sensuality of the entire song, and ranks among the top sensuous numbers in Bollywood
He tried his hand at acting in films like Agreement (with Rekha) and Do Jasoos, but those films flopped.
He acted in a Bengali film Ajosro Dhanyobaad, where Mohammad Rafi sang his only Bengali film song "Nawal Kishoro Shyamo Sundoro".
Comment from Kaushik Maitra: This was not the only Bengali film song of Rafi saab. He had a song in film Haraano Sur also; composed by Nachiketa Ghosh
Correction from Subrata Sengupta: Actually the Bengali film in which Md Rafi sang is Indrani – not Haraano Sur – The lyrics is "Sabhi Kuchh Luta Ke" and the music director was Nachiketa Ghosh.
Shailendra Singh has sung duets with Mohd Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Mahendra Kapoor and Amit Kumar.
Ae Yaar Sun Yari Teri with Mohd Rafi, Amar Akbar Anthony with Kishore Kumar and Mahendra Kapoor, Kyon Bi Chahca with Mohd Rafi, Jaate Ho O Jane Jaana with Amit Kumar, Teri Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi with Mohd Rafi and many more
In 2015 Shailendra Singh said that the most admirable singer is Mohd Rafi, and he is inspired by him. Late Manney Dey Saab had also made comments on the greatness of Mohd Rafi Saab being the most versatile singer India had produced. Qawaali is film Zamaane Ko Dekhna Hai " Pari Ho Assmani Tum composed by RD Burman and was a popular number during the release of the film.
|1976||Ajosro Dhanyobaad (Many Many Thanks)|
|1999||Rishtey-The Love Stories (Episode 85 - 'Sparsh')||Akanksha's friend|
|2004||Raat Hone Ko Hai|
|2006–2009||Kasamh Se||Partho Mitra|
- Album: Bobby (1973) – "Chabi Kho Jaye" / "Main Shayar To Nahin"/ "Mujhe Kuchh Kahna Hai"/"Na Mangun Sona Chandi" / "Jhoot Bole Kauva Kate" / "Mujhe Kuchh Kahna Hai (Revival)"
- Album: Do Jasoos – "purawaiyya, leke chali meri naiyya" (Duet with Lata Mangeshkar)
- Album: Banya Bapu (Marathi, 1977) – "He gard nile megh" (Duet with Anuradha Pourwal) and "preeticha jhula jhula paani" (Duet with Usha Mangeshkar)
- Album: Aap Ki Khatir (1977) – "Shola Re Bhola Re"
- Album: Aapas Ki Baat (1981) – "Kehni Hain Do Baaten Tumse"
- Album: Aar Paar (1986) – "Mera Naam Pannabai"
- Album: Ab Kya Hoga (1976) – "Aa Devta...."
- Album: Khatta Meetha (1978)
- Album: Adat Se Majboor (1982) – "Andar Ki Baat Hai" / "Ram Kare Ke Umar Qaid"
- Album: Agreement (1979) – "Aapne Pyar Diya Pyar Se Maar Diya" / "Jeena Ye Koi Jeena To Nahin"
- Album: Amar Akbar Anthony(1977) – Title Song
- Album: Amiri Garibi (1989) – "O Meri Sasu O Mere Sale"
- Album: Amma (1984) – "Tumhen Qasam Hai"
- Album: Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978) – Ek Din Tum Bahut Bade Banoge / Kai Din Se Mujhe
- Album: Ashanti (1982) – Main Hoon Sharabi/ Na Tujhse Na Mujhse
- Album: Bad Aur Badnam (1984) – Is Zindagi Ka Talabgar
- Album: Be Reham (1980) – Yeh Saal Ki Aakhiri Raat Hai
- Album: Begunah Qaidi (1982) – Ta Thaiya / Yaar Sajana
- Album: Bekaraar (1983) – Bekaraar Kiya
- Album: Bhai Aakhir Bhai Hota Hai (1982) – Aa Bhi Ja Meri Jaan
- Album: Bhed-Bhav (1982) – Woh Ladki Hansi To
- Album: Saagar (1985) – Jaane Do Na
- Album: Gurudev 1994 – Jaipur se nikli gadi on rishi kapoor sridevi
- Album: Bhole Shankar (2008) – Jai Ho Chhath Maiya
- Album: BIG B @ 60 – E Yaar Sun Yaari Teri (Suhaag)
- Album: Gunche lage hain kahane (Taraana)