|Occupation||Sound editor, Sound designer, Dialogue editor, Foley editor, Premixing|
|Years active||1999 - Present|
Shajith Koyeri is a sound designer in the field of sync sound technique in Indian cinema. A recipient of the National Film Awards for Omkara, Shajith also won two Filmfare awards and two IIFA Awards. He is also the recipient of the Star Screen Award for Kaminey. Shajith is also known for his work in Foley editing and pre-mixing.
Shajith Koyeri was born in Punnol in Kannur district of Kerala, to Soma Sundaran and Rathibayi. He attended Brennan College in Thalassery for his higher studies. He has relocated to Mumbai in 1999.His first independent work was with the movie, Perfect Husband in 2003. Later he worked for films like Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black and Saawariya, Shimit Amin's Ab Tak Chappan, Ketan Mehta's Mangal Pandey: The Rising, Rohan Sippy's Bluffmaster!, Shashant Shah’s Dasvidaniya and Chalo Dilli, Aparna Sen’s 15 Park Avenue, Abhishek Chaubey’s Ishqiya, Vishal Bhardwaj's Maqbool, The Blue Umbrella, Omkara and Kaminey , 7 Khoon Maaf to jot down a few. Besides, he has also worked on many documentaries and short films that have been showcased in film festivals around the world .
Awards and nominations
- 2006 Won: National Film Award forOmkara
- 2006 Won: Filmfare Award for Omkara
- 2006 Nominated: Star Screen Award for Omkara
- 2006 Nominated: Zee Cine Awards for Omkara
- 2006 Nominated: Bollywood Movie Awards for Omkara
- 2010 Won: Star Screen Award for Kaminey
- 2010 Nominated: Filmfare Award for Kaminey
- 2010 Nominated: Zee Cine Awards for Kaminey
- 2011 Nominated: Filmfare Award for Ishqiya
- 2011 Nominated: Star Screen Awardfor Ishqiya
- 2012 Nominated: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards for 7 Khoon Maaf 
- 2012 Nominated Golden Rooster Awards for Dam999
- 2013 Won: IIFA Awards for Barfi! 
- 2013 Nominated: Filmfare Award for Barfi!
- 2013 Nominated: Star Screen Award for Barfi! 
- 2015 Won: Star Guild Awards for Haider 
- 2015 Won: IIFA Awards for Haider 
- 2015 Nominated: Filmfare Award for Haider 
- 2016 Won: Filmfare Award for Talvar 
- 2016: Nominated: Star Screen Award for Talvar and Dum Laga Ke Haisha 
- 2017: Won: Star Screen Award for Rangoon and Dangal 
- Amar Kaushik's Bala (2019 film)
- Nitesh Tiwari's Chhichhore
- Zoya Akhtar's Made in Heaven (TV series)
- Sharat Katariya's Sui Dhaaga
- Raj Kumar Gupta's India's Most Wanted
- Amar Kaushik's Stree
- Majid Majidi's Beyond the Clouds (2017 film)
- Dinesh Vijan's Raabta (film)
- Nitesh Tiwari's Dangal
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Rangoon
- Rahul Bose’s Poorna
- Manish Harishankar's Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana
- Meghna Gulzar's Talvar
- Sharat Katariya's Dum Laga Ke Haisha
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider (film)
- Anurag Basu's Barfee
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Maqbool
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Kaminey
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Omkara
- Abhishek Chaubey’s Ishqiya
- Shashant Shah’s Dasvidaniya
- Ribhu Dasgupta’s Te3n
- Arnab Chaudhuri's Arjun: The Warrior Prince
- Dev Benegal’s Road, Movie
- Raj Kumar Gupta's Ghanchakkar (film)
- Prabhu Deva's Rambo Rajkumar (film)
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black and Saawariya
- Shimit Amin’s Ab Tak Chappan
- Ketan Mehta’s Mangal Pandey: The Rising
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Saat Khoon Maaf
- Rohan Sippy’s Bluffmaster!
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s The Blue Umbrella
- Shashant Shah’s Chalo Dilli
- Manish Jha’s Matrubhoomi-A Nation Without Women
- Madhur Bhandarkar’s Traffic Signal (film)
- Aparna Sen’s 15 Park Avenue
- Rajesh Pillai's Traffic (2014 film)
- Shashant Shah’s Bhajathe Raho
- Aditya Datt's Table No.21
- Reema Kagti’s Talaash (2012 film)
- Saahil Prem’s Mad About Dance
- Ishraq Shah's Ek Bura Aadmi
- Sohan Roy’s Dam 999
- Ajoy Varma’s S.R.K
- Ajoy Varma’s 'Dus Tola
- Feroz Abbas Khan’s Gandhi My Father
- Samir Karnik’s Kyun! Ho Gaya Na...
- Sudhir Mishra’s Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi
- Roger Christian’s American Daylight
- Kaizad Gustad’s Boom
- Sriram Raghavan’s Ek Hasina Thi
- Aanand Surapur’s The Fakir of Venice
- Rajat Kapoor’s Raghu Romeo
- Maneej Premnath's The Waiting Room
- Ritu serin & Tenzing’s Dreaming Lhasa
- Rajat Kapoor’s Mithya
- Sanjay Gupta’s Musafir
- Rajshree Ojha’s Yatna
- Priya Singh’s Perfect Husband
- Arjun Sajnani’s Agni Varsha
- Rahul Bose’s Everybody Says I'm Fine!
- Yogesh Prathap’s Boolean Mind
- Rajan Kumar Patel's Feast of Varanasi
Work as a Sound designer for Short films & Documentary
- Gitanjali Rao's Printed Rainbow
- Joy roy’s Bimal Roy
- Shimona’s Atreyee
- Avijit Mukul Kishore's Snapshots from family album
- Eye of the fish
- We home chaps
- Turtle people
- Mother Teresa
- Orange & Lemons
- Rita Ranis Bombay Skies
- Truck Driver
- "The colours of sound". The Hindu.
- "Aural artistry". The Hindu.
- "Shajith Koyeri". The Times of India.
- "Aural artistry". The Hindu.
- "'The power of silence is underestimated'". The Times of India.
- "Newsmakers- Shajith Koyeri". www.thalassery.info.
- "7th Apsara Awards Nominations". www.apsaraawards.org.
- "After Oscars, DAM999 gets nominated in Golden Rooster Awards". www.glamsham.com.
- "IIFA 2013: Ranbir's 'Barfi' bags maximum technical awards (Know the winners)". India TV.
- "Nominations". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 2013-02-08.
- "Winners of 10th Renault Star Guild Awards". The Indian Express.
- "IIFA 2015: Haider tops technical winners' list with six awards". India Today.
- "As it happened: 60th Britannia Filmfare Awards 2014". The Times of India.
- "Filmfare Awards 2016: Complete List of Winners". NDTV.
- "22nd Star Screen Awards 2016 Nominations and Winners List". Filmfare.
- "Star Screen Awards 2018 Complete Winners List: Dangal, Newton Among Big Winners". www.india.com.
- "Movie Review: Stree".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shajith Koyeri.|