|Born||Kannur, Kerala, India|
|Occupation||Sound editor, Sound designer, Dialogue editor, Foley editor, Premixing|
|Years active||1999 - Present|
Shajith Koyeri is a sound designer in the field of sync sound technique and an experienced creative sound designer in Indian cinema. A National Film Awards winning sound designer for Omkara, Shajith also won two Filmfare awards and two IIFA Awards. He is the recipient of the Star Screen Award for Kaminey. He has a specialized expertise in the area of “Post-production of sync sound”. Shajith is also known for his work in Foley editing and pre-mixing.
Shajith Koyeri was born in Punnol in Kannur district of Kerala, to Soma Sundaran and Rathibayi. He attended Brennan College in Thalassery for his higher studies. He has relocated to Mumbai in 1999.His first independent work was with the movie, Perfect Husband in 2003. Later he worked for films like Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black and Saawariya, Shimit Amin's Ab Tak Chappan, Ketan Mehta's Mangal Pandey: The Rising, Rohan Sippy's Bluff Master, Shashant Shah’s Dasvidaniya and Chalo Dilli, Aparna Sen’s 15 Park Avenue, Abhishek Chaubey’s Ishqiya, Vishal Bhardwaj's Maqbool, The Blue Umbrella, Omkara and Kaminey , 7 Khoon Maaf to jot down a few. Besides, he has also worked on many documentaries and short films that have been showcased in film festivals around the world .
Awards and nominations
- 2006 Won: National Film Award, Omkara
- 2006 Won: Filmfare Award, Omkara
- 2006 Nominated: Star Screen Award, Omkara
- 2006 Nominated: Zee Cine Awards, Omkara
- 2006 Nominated: Bollywood Movie Awards, Omkara
- 2010 Won: Star Screen Award, Kaminey
- 2010 Nominated: Filmfare Award, Kaminey
- 2010 Nominated: Zee Cine Awards, Kaminey
- 2011 Nominated: Filmfare Award, Ishqiya
- 2011 Nominated: Star Screen Award, Ishqiya
- 2012 Nominated: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards, 7 Khoon Maaf 
- 2012 Nominated Golden Rooster Awards, Dam999
- 2013 Won: IIFA Awards, Barfi! 
- 2013 Nominated: Filmfare Award, Barfi!
- 2013 Nominated: Star Screen Award, Barfi! 
- 2015 Won: Star Guild Awards, Haider 
- 2015 Won: IIFA Awards, Haider 
- 2015 Nominated: Filmfare Award, Haider 
- 2016 Won: Filmfare Award, Talvar 
- 2016: Nominated: Star Screen Award, Talvar and Dum Laga Ke Haisha 
- Majid Majidi's Beyond the Clouds (2017 film)
- Dinesh Vijan's Raabta (film)
- Nitesh Tiwari's Dangal (film)
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Rangoon (2016 film)
- Rahul Bose’s Poorna
- Manish Harishankar's Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana
- Meghna Gulzar's Talvar (film)
- Sharat Katariya's Dum Laga Ke Haisha
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider (film)
- Anurag Basu's Barfee
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Maqbool
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Kaminey
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Omkara
- Abhishek Chaubey’s Ishqiya
- Shashant Shah’s Dasvidaniya
- Ribhu Dasgupta’s Te3n
- Arnab Chaudhuri's Arjun: The Warrior Prince
- Dev Benegal’s Road, Movie
- Raj Kumar Gupta's Ghanchakkar (film)
- Prabhu Deva's Rambo Rajkumar (film)
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black and Saawariya
- Shimit Amin’s Ab Tak Chappan
- Ketan Mehta’s Mangal Pandey: The Rising
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s Saat Khoon Maaf
- Rohan Sippy’s Bluff Master
- Vishal Bhardwaj’s The Blue Umbrella
- Shashant Shah’s Chalo Dilli
- Manish Jha’s Matrubhoomi-A Nation Without Women
- Madhur Bhandarkar’s Traffic Signal (film)
- Aparna Sen’s 15 Park Avenue
- Rajesh Pillai's Traffic (2014 film)
- Shashant Shah’s Bhajathe Raho
- Aditya Datt's Table No.21
- Reema Kagti’s Talaash (2012 film)
- Saahil Prem’s Mad About Dance
- Ishraq Shah's Ek Bura Aadmi
- Sohan Roy’s Dam 999
- Ajoy Varma’s S.R.K
- Ajoy Varma’s 'Dus Tola
- Feroz Abbas Khan’s Gandhi My Father
- Samir Karnik’s Kyun! Ho Gaya Na...
- Sudhir Mishra’s Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi
- Roger Christian’s American Daylight
- Kaizad Gustad’s Boom
- Sriram Raghavan’s Ek Hasina Thi
- Aanand Surapur’s The Fakir of Venice
- Rajat Kapoor’s Raghu Romeo
- Maneej Premnath's The Waiting Room
- Ritu serin & Tenzing’s Dreaming Lhasa
- Rajat Kapoor’s Mithya
- Sanjay Gupta’s Musafir
- Rajshree Ojha’s Yatna
- Priya Singh’s Perfect Husband
- Arjun Sajnani’s Agni Varsha
- Rahul Bose’s Everybody Says I'm Fine!
- Yogesh Prathap’s Boolean Mind
- Rajan Kumar Patel's Feast of Varanasi
Work as a Sound designer for Short films & Documentary
- Gitanjali Rao's Printed Rainbow
- Joy roy’s Bimal Roy
- Shimona’s Atreyee
- Avijit Mukul Kishore's Snapshots from family album
- Eye of the fish
- We home chaps
- Turtle people
- Mother Teresa
- Orange & Lemons
- Rita Ranis Bombay Skies
- Truck Driver
- "The colours of sound".
- "Aural artistry".
- "Shajith Koyeri".
- "Aural artistry".
- "'The power of silence is underestimated'".
- "Newsmakers- Shajith Koyeri".
- "7th Apsara Awards Nominations".
- "After Oscars, DAM999 gets nominated in Golden Rooster Awards".
- "IIFA 2013: Ranbir's 'Barfi' bags maximum technical awards (Know the winners)".
- "Winners of 10th Renault Star Guild Awards".
- "IIFA 2015: Haider tops technical winners' list with six awards".
- "As it happened: 60th Britannia Filmfare Awards 2014 Live Updates on Times of India".
- "Filmfare Awards 2016: Complete List of Winners".
- "22nd Star Screen Awards 2016 Nominations and Winners List".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shajith Koyeri.|