Shake (Jesse McCartney song)
|Single by Jesse McCartney|
|from the album Have It All|
|Released||September 21, 2010|
|Format||Digital download, airplay|
|Songwriter(s)||Jesse McCartney, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Joshua Coleman|
|Jesse McCartney singles chronology|
"Shake" was the original lead single from Jesse McCartney's fourth studio album, Have It All. Have It All was, however, postponed to a point that it was eventually cancelled completely. "Shake" is written by McCartney, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, and written and produced by Joshua Coleman. It was sent to both U.S. mainstream radios and released in digital download format on September 21, 2010.
Writing and inspiration
A 25-second sample of the song.
Problems playing this file? See media help.
"Shake" is written by Jesse McCartney and Jacob Kasher and produced by Joshua Coleman. In an interview with MTV, McCartney described,"I'm really excited about 'Shake.' We decided that would be the first single to represent Have It All and ... I felt like that song was kind of the closest to [2008's] Departure and it was a way to sort of reacquaint the fans with my music." and "It's a kind of ... urban, kitschy track with a lot of synths and pop melodies on top, and it makes for good ear candy."
The music video for "Shake" was filmed on October 26, 2010. The video is directed by Toben Seymour and choreographed Flii Stylz. In an interview, McCartney told MTV, "It's gonna be cool. We wanted to create a video that wasn't necessarily a story, following the song. It didn't necessarily have to be on the nose. We wanted something that was visually stimulating, a lot of cool camera techniques that haven't been used, a lot of saturated colors and even a lot of sexy girls with beautiful features." The music video was premiered on E! News and E! Online on November 16, 2010.
Formats and track listings
US iTunes Download
- "Shake" (Album Version)
- "Shake" (Video)
|US Billboard Hot 100||54|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||17|
|United States||September 21, 2010||Digital download|
- Vena, Jocelyn (20 October 2010). "Jesse McCartney Says 'Shake' Is 'Good Ear Candy'". MTV. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- Lipshutz, Jason (18 October 2010). "Jesse McCartney Will Let Fans 'Have It All' in January 2011". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "New Music: Jesse McCartney – 'Shake'". Rap-Up. 7 September 2010. Retrieved November 2010. Check date values in:
- EOL Staff (16 November 2010). "Music Video Premiere! "Shake" It With Jesse McCartney". E!. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- Billboard Hot 100
- Billboard Hot 100
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Shake - Single Jesse McCartney". iTunes. September 21, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- "R&R :: Going For Adds :: CHR/Top 40". Gfa.radioandrecords.com. September 21, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-20.