|No. 18 – Philadelphia 76ers|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|Born||September 26, 1996|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school||Owasso (Owasso, Oklahoma)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 54th overall|
|Selected by the Dallas Mavericks|
|2018–2019||→Delaware Blue Coats|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Malik "Shake" Milton (born September 26, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for Southern Methodist University (SMU) from 2015 to 2018. Milton was drafted 54th overall in the 2018 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks.
High school career
Milton played under Coach Mark Vancuren at Owasso High School in Owasso, Oklahoma, earning Gatorade Player of the Year honors for the state of Oklahoma in the 2013-14, and 2014-15 seasons. He averaged 29.7 points and 4.4 assists as a senior (2014-15) on his way to being named Tulsa World Player of the Year, Oklahoma Super 5 Player of the Year, and Oklahoma Coaches Association ALL-STATE. He committed to SMU over University of Oklahoma and Indiana University.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
PG / SG
|Owasso, OK||Owasso High School (Owasso, OK)||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||190 lb (86 kg)||Oct 15, 2014|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: N/A Rivals: 247Sports: ESPN grade: 84|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Rivals: 66 247Sports: 92, 27 (SG) ESPN: 79, 13 (PG)|
In his freshman year at SMU, Milton saw the hardwood in 30 games (23 starts) to average 10.5 points, 3.0 boards and 2.7 assists a contest, while earning AAC All-Rookie Team distinction.
The 2016-17 season saw him start in all 35 games and produce averages of 13.0 points, 4.5 assists and 1.3 steals per outing, he made the All-American Athletic Conference Second Team as a sophomore. In the 2017-18 campaign, Milton appeared in 22 games for the Mustangs, averaging 18.0 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.4 steals per game before a broken right hand ended his season. He was named to the All-AAC Second Team for a second season.
Milton was selected by the Dallas Mavericks in the second round (54th pick overall) in the 2018 NBA draft. He was subsequently traded to the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to the 56th and 60th picks, Ray Spalding and Kostas Antetokounmpo, respectively. On July 26, Milton signed a two-way contract with Philadelphia, which would split his playing time between the 76ers and their NBA G League affiliate, the Delaware Blue Coats. Milton made his NBA debut on November 30, 2018 against the Washington Wizards, scoring five points and recording two assists. As a rookie, Milton appeared in 20 games for the Sixers, averaging 4.4 points, 1.8 rebounds, and 0.9 assists in 13.4 minutes per game. Milton scored a career high 13 points when playing against the Orlando Magic on March 25, 2019. Milton also averaged 24.9 points (4th-best in the G-League), 5.2 assists, and 4.8 rebounds per game in 27 contests for the Blue Coats.
Before the start of the 2019–20 season, it was reported that Milton signed a four-year deal with Philadelphia.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- email@example.com, Rick Heaton Sports Editor. "Shake Milton named Gatorade Player of the Year". Tulsa World. Retrieved 2017-07-18.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "Oklahoman Super 5 boys basketball first team". NewsOK.com. 2015-04-18. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- Writer, BARRY LEWIS World Sports. "Owasso's Shake Milton commits to SMU over OU, Indiana". Tulsa World. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "SMU's Nic Moore named to all-AAC first team; other Mustangs snubbed | SportsDay". SportsDay. 2016-03-08. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "2016 Select Team Basketball Goodwill Tour Croatia" (PDF). globalsportsacademyus.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- World, Kelly Hines Tulsa. "Owasso's Shake Milton of SMU selected to All-AAC second team". Tulsa World. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "SMU Athletics". smumustangs.com. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "76ers' Shake Milton: Drafted with 54th pick". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "Mavericks acquire draft rights to Ray Spalding and Kostas Antetokounmpo". Mavs.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. June 21, 2018. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- "Team Signs Shake Milton to Two-Way Contract". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 26, 2018. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "76ers' Shake Milton: Plays 11 minutes in season debut". CBSSports.com. RotoWire. December 1, 2018. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "Shake Milton Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "Philadelphia 76ers at Orlando Magic Box Score, March 25, 2019". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- Smith, E.J. (March 24, 2019). "Shake Milton impressing Sixers after dominant G League stint, but contract prevents him from being a playoff contributor". Philadelphia Daily News. Philly.com. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- Todd, Sarah. "Shake Milton signing four-year deal with Sixers, taking on bigger role". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2019-07-05.