|Born||Syed Hassan Rizvi
October 1, 1934
Aligarh, British India
|Died||November 12, 1966
Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan
|Spouse||Syeda Mohiddisa Khatoon|
|Children||Syed Hussain Aqdas Rizvi (Son)
Hina Batool (Daughter)
His life as a poet began in 1947 (when he was only 15 years old). His poetry work was published after his death: Rooshni Ay Rooshni in 1972 by Maktaba-e-Fanoon and several additions by Mavara Publications and Kuliyat e Shakeb Jalali in 2004 by Sang-e-Meel Publications, Lahore.
Famous Poems in Urdu
- "kam-tar na jaane"
- "gale mila na kabhi"
- "Jahan talk bhee yah sahra dikhai data hai"
- "murjha kai kali jheel main"
- "aa kay pather jo mara sahan main"
- "utrain ajab roshniya rat khoab main"
- "woo samna tha pher bhee kahan samina kahian hova"
- "main shakh say ura tha sitaroon kee aas main"
- "kinar aay aab khara khud say kah raha ha koyee"
- "yadain hain apna dil kee ahla safar kay sath"
- Shakeb Jalali at Kavita Kosh (Hindi font)
- Rooshni Ay Rooshni — Shakeb's first book.