Shakopee High School
|Shakopee High School|
100 17th Avenue West
|School district||Shakopee Public Schools #720|
Shakopee High School is a four-year public high school as of Fall 2018 located in Shakopee, Minnesota, a southwest suburb of Minneapolis. The school district serves nearly 8,000 students in Shakopee, Savage, Prior Lake, and the Jackson, Louisville, and Sand Creek Townships. The district is located in one of the fastest growing suburbs in the Twin Cities. Plans to expand the high school are currently ongoing and the addition will open in the fall of 2018.
Shakopee High School was located at 200 10th Avenue East until the fall of 2007 when the current high school opened at 100 17th Avenue West.
Shakopee High School has won a total of eight state championships, including five championships sponsored by the Minnesota State High School League. The school's volleyball team won three straight Class 3A state titles in 2007, 2008 and 2009. The boys' basketball team won the Class 3A state championship in 2005. The school also won the 2015 Adaptive Softball state title as part of a co-op with Chaska, Chanhassen and Prior Lake. Additionally, the school won the boys' track and field true team state title in 1995 and the girls' track and field true team state title in both 1995 and 1996.
Notable people and alumni
- Jamal Abu-Shamala, Professional Basketball Player
- Antonia Felix, New York Times bestselling author
- Justin Kaufenberg, CEO at SportsEngine
- Jess Theis, Chief Operating Officer at Rahr Malting Plant
- Charlie Vig, Chairman of the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
- Ashley Wittman, Gatorade High School Volleyball Player of the Year in 2009
- "SHAKOPEE SENIOR HIGH". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 16, 2019.
|This Minnesota school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|