Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki
|Shakti — Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki|
|Created by||Rashmi Sharma|
|Directed by||Pankaj Kumar|
|Creative director(s)||Bhawna Bundela|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||647 as of 16 November 2018|
|Producer(s)||Rashmi Sharma |
Pawan Kumar Marut
|Running time||22 minutes approx.|
|Production company(s)||Rashmi Sharma Telefilms Limited|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||30 May 2016– present|
Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki (lit.: Strength of feeling of existence) is an Indian television series aired on Colors TV. It stars Rubina Dilaik and Vivian Dsena as the lead characters of Soumya and Harman and Lakshya Handa and Tiya Gandwani and Sahil Mehta as the parallel lead characters of Varun, Lavneet and Sameer. It is broadcast on Colors TV. It replaced the Colors TV longest-running show Balika Vadhu. It is dubbed in Polimer TV as Shakti aired on 12 November 2018. 
The story is about two sisters, Soumya and Surbhi. Soumya is disliked by her father Maninder and grandmother, but is adored by her mother Nimmi. Surbhi gets all the attention from her father. Soumya is a calm and quiet girl, but Surbhi is a fun-loving and loquacious girl.
10 years later
Soumya and Surbhi are grown up. A troublemaker, Harman, breaks into Soumya's house while running away from some goons. While there, Harman develops feelings for Soumya. Harman learns that Surbhi called the goons and decides to kidnap her but kidnaps Soumya instead. Harman releases Soumya the next day, but to avoid insult to both the families, Harman's father, Harak Singh orders Harman to marry Soumya. Soumya's mother Nimmi is shocked to see Soumya married to Harman and worries that Harman will leave Soumya after knowing her truth. Despite the protests of Harman's mother Preeto, Soumya's father Maninder and Soumya's grandmother, Soumya and Harman get married. Soon, Harman falls in love with Soumya. Soumya learns that she is intersex and hides it from Harman on Nimmi's insistence.
Later, Soumya reveals to Harman that she is transgender and also reveals that her love is true for Harman. Harman becomes enraged and Nimmi begs Harman not to reveal Soumya's secret. Harman and Soumya eventually become friends. However, Preeto finds out Soumya's secret and she exiles Soumya to a kinnar society. Preeto wants Harman to get married to a girl, Mahi, but he refuses. After facing a lot of hardships, Harman and Soumya are reunited but in the meantime, Nimmi dies. Maninder warns Soumya not to enter the home and Harman takes Soumya with him. When Harman returns home, everyone is waiting for him to marry Mahi but to their shock they see Soumya with him, holding her hand. Mahi breaks the marriage and leaves. Later, part of the story is about how Soumya faces Preeto, Harak and Transgenders' Wrath. She adopts a child, names him as Aditya and takes care of the baby. Soumya loses her baby after some time and faces many problems in her life. Finally, Preeto accepts Soumya as her daughter-in-law. Kareena, another kinnar, who considers Soumya as the reason for her mother's death, plots another wicked plan to destroy Soumya's life.
Soumya gets trapped in the evil plan thus creating misunderstandings in her relationship with Harman. Harman later meets with a severe accident. He survives the accident but he loses his memory. Later, Harman's childhood friend, Jasleen, arrives at the Singh household. Harman makes Jasleen believe that his marriage is perfect but Jasleen learns Soumya's truth and stands by Harman's side. Harak wants to get Jasleen and Harman married considering Jasleen as the perfect match for Harman but Preeto wants to save Harman and Soumya's relationship. Harman and Jasleen prepare to marry. Soumya decides to sacrifice her love for her husband's happiness. Jasleen's father Motilal, a Canadian NRI, arrives for the wedding. Soumya suddenly disappears just before the wedding ceremony leaving behind a letter which is read aloud by Preeto. In the letter, Soumya wishes Harman and Jasleen a happy married life and bids adieu to the family. Meanwhile, Harman, who wholeheartedly loves Soumya, is unable to bear the pain of separation but proceeds with the wedding only to fulfill his promise to Jasleen.
Later, Jasleen asks Harman to break the marriage realsiing Harman and Soumya belong together. Harman loses Soumya who catches a bus and moves away from Gurdaspur. A heartbroken Harman daydreams about Soumya and searches for her everywhere but she is not found. He rushes to Transgenders' Home and then to Maninder's house but she in vain. Soumya has moved to Ludhiana and searches for a job. Soumya meets a businessman named Sameer who is a fun-loving boy and owns a toy shop. He helps her with a job in his toy shop and falls in love with Soumya. Meanwhile, Sameer's mother is quick to understand the value of Soumya in her son Sameer's life and hopes to get them married. Sameer soon meets Harman and finds out that he is Soumya's husband and they both still love each other. Due to his love for Soumya, he throws Harman off the path to finding Soumya. When Sameer and his mother find out about Soumya being a kinnar, Sameer throws her out of his house. Sameer's mother kidnaps Soumya, while Sameer has a change of heart, seeing Harman's love for Soumya. Sameer tries to help Harman in his journey, with as far as going against his own mother.
Once Harman and Sameer save Soumya from Sameer's mother, Sameer decides to leave Harman and Soumya to their happy married life. Harman brings Soumya back to the Singh household. While Preeto is ecstatic to have her daughter-in-law back, Harak Singh is disgusted with having a kinnar back in his house. Harman asks Harak for his share of the house property. Harak signs over Harman's share, and draws a line within the middle of the house, a side for Harman and Soumya and a side for the rest of the family. Later, Harman's maternal grandmother and Preeto's mother whom they called Nani, arrives at the house. It is currently seen that Nani wanted Harman and Soumya to have a child. But she doesn't know Soumya is a kinnar. Meanwhile, Harman's aunt Shanno, who hates Soumya for being a kinnar, tries to tell Nani about Soumya's truth. Finally, Veeran, Shanno and Varun with the help of KishanLal and Balwinder create a plan to make Soumya reveal her kinner identity. This happens, and nani tries to burn Soumya alive. Harman comes in between and he and Soumya leave the house. Nani also leaves the next day. Harman Soumyya start living separately. But Veeran, Varun, Kishanlal, Balwinder beat them both and throw in the river. They are both taken to city hospital but both of them lose their memory.
They start off with clear memories. They hate each other but eventually became friends. Then comes Lavneet Kaushal, daughter of Mr. Kaushal, Harman's doctor, and Debina Kaushal, Soumya's doctor. Lavneet tries to woo Harman into having sex with her. Soumya (named by Debina as Khushi) saves Harman (named by Mr. Kaushal as Jolly) from Lavneet and both of them run of Mumbai. The kinner samudai follows them led by the kinnar queen Agni. They are pursued until they split up in Mumbai, only to be re-united with help of Salman Khan.
Back home, Harak is looking for Harman, Preeto has gone mad, the bad guys are rejoicing, and Balwinder is trying to recruit Raavi for weekend sex. Veeran and Shanno try to have Harman's funeral but Harak bring him back, but Preeto refuses to recognize him. Meanwhile Lavneet, with Harak's help, gets into the house and claims to Harman's wife Gulabo (as Harman called Soumya as Gulabo lovingly) and creates misunderstandings between Harman and Soumya. On the other hand, Soumya is taken home by Sameer who has returned in her life and is trying to marry her with fake excuses, and Sameer's mother is trying to stop the marriage because she doesn't want a kinnar to be Sameer's wife.
Now, will Harman ever remember the truth? Will Soumya remember the truth? Will they ever re-unite? Will Lavneet get a hot sausage or will she go back dry to her dry psychology studies. Stay Tuned To Find Out. I KNOW I AM.
- Rubina Dilaik as Soumya/Gulabo/Tarana/Khushi (2016–present)
- Vivian Dsena as Harman Singh/Jolly (2016–present)
- Sahil Mehta as Sameer Singh (2018, 2018–present)
- Tiya Gandwani as Lavneet Kaushal (2018–present)
- Lakshya Handa as Varun Singh, Surbhi's husband, Harak's nephew. (2016–present)
- Roshni Sahota as Surbhi Singh/Chhoti, Soumya's younger sister, Varun's wife. (2016–18)
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Per WP:TVCAST, newer cast members belong at the bottom of the list. So cast members introduced in 2018 belong at the bottom. Please reorganise to be consistent with community guidelines. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Kamya Punjabi as Preeto Singh, Harman and Raavi's mother, Harak's wife, matriarch of the Singh family (2016–Present)
- Sudesh Berry as Harak Singh, Harman and Raavi's father, patriarch of the Singh family (2016–Present)
- Unknown as Dr. Debina Kaushal, Lavneet's mother (2018–present)
- Unknown as Dr. Kaushal, Lavneet's father (2018–present)
- Alka Mogha as Sameer's Mother (2018, 2018–present)
- Krutika Desai Khan as Preeto's mother (2018)
- Bhuvan Chopra as Veeran Singh – Harak's younger brother[clarification needed] (2016–Present)
- Aarya Rawal as Shanno Singh – Veeran's wife (2016–Present)
- Garima Jain/Pooja Singh as Raavi Singh – Preeto and Harak's daughter and eldest child (2016–Present)
- Sonal Handa as Jeet Singh – Jasleen's brother and Raavi's 2nd husband (2018–Present)
- Unknown/Rishikesh Ingley as Balwinder Lal Singh/Ballu – Raavi's ex-husband, Chintu's father (2017–Present)
- Unknown as Kishan Lal Singh – Ballu's father (2016, 2018–Present)
- Unknown as Chintu Singh – Raavi and Ballu's son (2017–Present)
- Hemant Choudhary as Motilal Singh – Jasleen's and Jeet's father (2018)
- Ayub Khan as Maninder Singh – Soumya and Surbhi's father (2016–Present)
- Mamta Luthra as Maninder's mother (2016–Present)
- Unknown as Nimmi's mother (2016–Present)
- Ekta Singh as Saaya/Malika/Guru Maa – A transgender (2016–Present)
- Dheeraj Gumbar as Sumit (Surbhi's college friend and business partner) (2018)
- Kajol Saroj as Kareena/Former Guru Maa – A transgender, Soumya's nemesis (2016–18)
- Kishori Shahane as Guru Maa – A transgender (2016, 2017)
- Mahira Khurrana as Young Soumya (2016)
- Tasheen Shah as Young Surbhi (2016)
- Reena Kapoor as Nimmi Kaur Singh – Soumya and Surbhi's mother (2016)(Dead)
- Mahek Thaakur as Sindhu Singh – Shanno and Veeran's daughter (2016–17)
- Shiwani Chakraborty as Mahi – Harman's ex-fiancée (2016)
- Sara Khan (TV actress) as Mohini – Harak's mistress (2017–18)
- Anand Goradia as Maharani – A transgender (2017–18)(Dead)
- Emir Shah as Monty – Harman's best friend (2017)
- Amrita Prakash as Jasleen Kaur Singh – Harman's third wife (2018)
- Unknown as Pratab – Mohini's lover (2017)
- Mahi Sharma as Kalsi - Soumya and Surbhi's best friend (2016)
- Drashti Dhami as Nandini (2018)
- Parineeti Chopra and Ayushmann Khurrana for promotion of the film Meri Pyaari Bindu on 9 May 2017
- Salman Khan for promotion of the TV series Big Boss 10 on 14 October 2016
- Jay Soni as Bakool Vasavda from the sitcom Bhaag Bakool Bhaag on 1 September 2017
- Helly Shah as Devanshi from the TV series Devanshi on 1 September 2017
- Piyush Sahdev as Pavan from Devanshi on 1 September 2017
- Swarda Thigle as Dr. Sanchi Mishra from the drama series Savitri Devi College & Hospital on 1 September 2017
- Vikram Sakhalkar as Dr. Kabir Kapoor from Savitri Devi College & Hospital on 1 September 2017
- Meera Deosthale as Chakor Suraj Rajvanshi from the TV series Udaan on 1 September 2017
- Sahil Uppal as Kunal Singh Chauhan from the TV series Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman on 1 September 2017
- Sangeita Chauhan as Meghna Kunal Chauhan from Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman on 1 September 2017
- Siddharth Shukla as Parth Bhanushali from the TV series Dil Se Dil Tak on 1 September 2017
- Rashami Desai as Shorvori Parth Bhanushali from Dil Se Dil Tak on 1 September 2017
- Jasmin Bhasin as Teni from Dil Se Dil Tak on 1 September 2017
- Sanjay Dutt and Aditi Rao Hydari for promotion of the film Bhoomi on 15 September 2017
- Krystle D'Souza as Roopa from the sitcom Belan Wali Bahu on 20 April 2018
- Harshad Chopda as Aditya from Bepannah on 20 April 2018
- Affan Khan as Young Roop for the promotion of his new show Roop - Mard Ka Naya Swaroop on 28 May 2018
- Ankita Lokhande as herself for dance performance on Ganesh Chaturthi on 17 & 18 September 2018
- Mouni Roy as herself for dance performance on Ganesh Chaturthi on 18 & 19 September 2018
- Gauhar Khan as herself for dance performance on Ganesh Chaturthi on 18 September 2018
- Shashank Vyas as Roop from Roop - Mard Ka Naya Swaroop who helped Soumya and Harman on 21 September 2018
- Avika Gor as Anushka from Laado 2 on 20 April 2018
- Sasural Simar Ka on April 28, 2017 — Piyush who is possessed by Kaal take Aditya with him. Harman follows him but he is proved innocent. Aditya is found but taken by Mr. Chadda. Simar give them money but they refuse as they had arranged it earlier.
- Savitri Devi College & Hospital on 16 June 2017 — Soumya went to Savitri Devi Hospital to treat a transgender patient who is ill. She ask Saanchi that can she be a woman.
- "Colors to air 'Shakti…Astitva Ke Ehsaas Kii' from 30 May". Indian Television Dot Com. 2016-05-26. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Colors launches new show-'Shakti...Astitva Ke Ehsaas Kii'". Indian Advertising Media & Marketing News – exchange4media. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "After years, Balika Vadhu to give way to Shakti at 8 PM on Colors". www.bestmediaifo.com. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "'Shakti-Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki:' Rubina Dilaik aka Soumya talks about playing a transgender; here's what viewers have to say". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Shakti.. Astitva Ke Eshsas Ki: Vivian DSena reveals the secret behind his new show's success!". India.com. 2016-09-13. Retrieved 2018-08-11.