This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maira at IFFI, 2012
|Occupation||Artist, sculptor, printmaker, writer and speaker|
Maira is an artist who works in many media. His paintings are in oil, acrylic or mixed media on canvas, paper, silk, board, marble, wood and byōbu. His printmaking has encompassed collographs, monotypes, etchings, woodprints and stoneprints. His sculpture and reliefs are in terracotta, stoneware, wood, stone and bronze.
Maira's work is in the National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi, India, and in private collections around the world. His art has been exhibited in over forty one-person and group shows around in India, USA, Sri Lanka, France and Netherlands.
- Towards Ananda: Rethinking Indian Art and Aesthetics. Penguin/Viking. 2006. ISBN 9780670058648.
- Kathleen Higgins, Shakti Maira, Sonia Sikka, eds. (2016). Artistic Visions and the Promise of Beauty. Springer Publishing. ISBN 9783319438917.CS1 maint: uses editors parameter (link)
- The Promise of Beauty and Why it Matters. HarperCollins India. 2017. ISBN 9789352641673.
Maira has written on art, aesthetics, education and culture in a number of Indian and UK publications.
- "Celebrating Art on Paper". Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "The Sangha: A Creative Journey". Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Creativity and Cultural Diversity". Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "For the love of common people". Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Unskilled Art Will Not Stand The Test of Time". Retrieved 17 December 2016.