|Born|| August 19, 1990|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (170 cm)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg)|
|College team||Colorado Buffaloes|
|Coached by||Mark Wetmore|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||3000 m Steeplechase: 9:28.72|
Kipp qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics by placing third at the U.S. Olympic trials in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 9:35.73. She beat her personal best by more than 7 seconds and achieved the Olympic A standard for the first time.
At the 2012 Olympics, Kipp finished twelfth in her heat with a time of 9:48.33 and did not qualify for the final.
Kipp was 3rd at 2013 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships steeplechase with a time of 9:46.83. Kipp qualified for the 2013 World Championships in Athletics by placing third at the U.S. Championship in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 9:46.83 and achieving a qualifying time of 9:37.23 to place 4th at Monaco. At the 2013 World Championship, Kipp finished 9th in her prelim with a time of 9:45.97. Kipp ranked 13th in the world in the steeplechase in 2013.
Kipp earned Pac-12 student athlete honors on April 22. Kipp won the steeplechase in Pullman, Washington (10:04.19) on 17 May. Kipp earned All-American[clarification needed] with a 5th-place finish (9:48.90) in Eugene, Oregon on 13 June. Kipp placed 7th at 2014 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships steeplechase with a time of 9:46.57 in Sacramento, California where the temperature approached 95 degrees.
Shalaya ran a 1500 m personal best at the Payton Jordan Invitational with a time of 4:14. Shalaya won the Portland track festival steeplechase. Kipp earned a CU graduate scholastic honors by making the 4.0 club.[clarification needed] Kipp finished 6th in a time of 9:37.09 at 2015 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships steeplechase. At the 2015 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships Kipp placed 6th in a time of 9:37.09 to qualify for the NACAC Championships in Costa Rica where she earned a silver medal. Shalaya finished 2nd in 9:49.96 at 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto.
Kipp scored points for team Philadelphia placing 3rd in a time of 9:45.05 in the steeplechase at the July 29 Track Town Summer Series in Eugene, Oregon and finished 4th in a time of 9:34.12 after hitting a barrier at July 23 London Diamond League steeplechase.
Kipp ran a personal best time of 9:28.72 to place fourth in the steeplechase behind Team USA teammates Emma Coburn, Courtney Frerichs and Colleen Quigley at the 2016 United States Olympic Trials (track and field) and was an alternate to represent United States at Athletics at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Kipp opened her outdoor season on May 1 running in the steeplechase at the Payton Jordan Invitational, finishing third in a time of 9:43.72 and on May 20 she placed second at the steeplechase at USATF Hoka One One Middle Distance Classic hosted at Occidental College, in a time of 9:42.31. On March 12, 2016 Shalaya Kipp placed third in women 3000 meters in 8:59.85 at 2016 USA Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- 2010, 11, 12, 14 Steeplechase All-American
- 2014 (i) 5000 All-American
- 2010 (40th), 11 (19th), 12 (18th), 13 (9th) Cross Country All-American
- Three-time All-Big 12 honoree
- Pac-12 Steeplechase Champion (2012)
- Placed ninth at the 2011 USATF Championships in the steeplechase
- Placed third at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials (9:35.73)
- 2012 Olympian (steeplechase)
She was also a competitive alpine ski racer for 10 years before focusing on track and field.
- USA Track & Field Shalaya Kipp Profile
- IAAF Shalaya Kipp Profile
- Robinson, Doug (June 29, 2012). "S.L. native Shalaya Kipp makes Olympics". Deseret News. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- Shalaya Kipp 2012 NBC Olympics bio
- NBC Olympics - London 2012 women's steeplechase results
- "2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Track & Field Women's steeplechase". usatf.org. July 7, 2016. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "usatf 2016 hoka results". Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "Meet Results - Payton Jordan Invitational". Archived from the original on 24 September 2016. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "2017 Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K results". usatf.tv runnerspace. November 4, 2017. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- "2017 Medtronic TC 10 Mile results". usatf.tv runnerspace. October 1, 2017. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- "2017 Faxon Law New Haven Road Race results". usatf.tv runnerspace. September 4, 2017. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- University of Colorado Buffaloes profile