|Height||5 ft, 7 in.|
|College team||University of Colorado-Boulder |
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||3000 m Steeplechase: 9:35.73|
Kipp earned a Pac-12 student athlete honors on April 22. Kipp won the steeplechase in Pullman, Washington (10:04.19) on 17 May. Kipp earned All-American with a 5th-place finish (9:48.90) in Eugene, Oregon on 13 June. Kipp placed 7th at USA Outdoors steeplechase with a 9:46.57 in Sacramento, California heat approaching 95 degrees.
Kipp was 3rd at 2013 USA Outdoors steeplechase with a time of 9:46.83. Kipp qualified for the 2013 World Championships in Athletics by placing third at the U.S. Championship in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 9:46.83 and combined her place with a qualifying time of 9:37.23 to place 4th at Monaco. At the 2013 World Championship, Kipp finished 9th in her prelim with a time of 9:45.97. Kipp ranked 13th in the world in the steeplechase in 2013.
Kipp was the NCAA outdoor steeplechase champion in 2012 with a time of 9:49.91.
Kipp qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics by placing third at the U.S. Olympic trials in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 9:35.73. She beat her personal best by more than 7 seconds and achieved the Olympic A standard for the first time.
At the 2012 Olympics, Kipp finished twelfth in her heat with a time of 9:48.33 and did not qualify for the final.
- 2010, 11, 12 Steeplechase All-American
- 2010 (40th), 11 (19th), 12 (18th), 13 (9th) Cross Country All-American
- Three-time All-Big 12 honoree
- Pac-12 Steeplechase Champion (2012)
- Placed ninth at the 2011 USATF Championships in the steeplechase
- Placed third at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials (9:35.73)
- 2012 Olympian (steeplechase)
She currently lives in Boulder, Colo, and is studying physiology at University of Colorado Boulder.
She was also a competitive alpine ski racer for 10 years before focusing on track and field.
- USA Track & Field Profile
- Shalaya Kipp
- NBC Olympics bio
- Robinson, Doug (June 29, 2012). "S.L. native Shalaya Kipp makes Olympics". Deseret News. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- NBC Olympics - London 2012 women's steeplechase results
- University of Colorado Buffaloes profile