October 27, 1986 |
|Listed height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Listed weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
|High school||Sublette (Sublette, Kansas)|
|College||Kansas State (2005–2009)|
|WNBA draft||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 25th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Dream|
|2009–2014||Kansas State (assistant)|
|2014–2015||Northern Colorado (Associate HC)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at WNBA.com|
Shalee Lehning (born October 27, 1986) is a former American basketball player who most recently played for the Atlanta Dream of the WNBA. She was Associate Head Coach at the University of Northern Colorado under head coach Kamie Ethridge.
Lehning was a four-year letterwinner and starter under coach Barry Lucas at Sublette High School. She ranks as the fourth all-time leading scorer in Kansas Girls Basketball history with 2,510 career points. Additionally, she holds the state all-time career records for rebounds (1,336), assists (804) and steals (543). She holds the school records for career scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. The Sublette Lady Larks became the first team in class 2A history to post back-to-back undefeated seasons with a record of 52–0 and two state championships in 2004 and 2005. As a senior, she averaged 30.6 points, 15.0 rebounds, 8.8 assists and 5.3 steals per game. She was named Gatorade Player of the Year and Miss Kansas Basketball Player of the Year. She was also a four-time KBCA all-state first team selection and a two-time Hutchinson News Athlete of the Year. At the Hugoton, Red & Blue Classic Tournament, she was a four-time Most Valuable Player. The Wichita Eagle and Topeka Capital Journal named her all-state twice. Additionally, she was a four-time Southwest Kansas all-area first team pick by the Garden City Telegram and Dodge City Daily Globe. Twice, she appeared at the Miss Basketball Showcase All-Tournament Team. In addition to basketball, she lettered in volleyball and track and field. 
Lehning holds the Kansas State school record and is fifth in Big 12 in career assists with 71. She ranks seventh in school history for career steals with 213 and ranks fourth in school history in career rebounds with 823. She is the only player in Big 12 history to register 1,000 points, 800 rebounds and 700 assists. She has had 48 double figure scoring games, 27 double figure rebound games and 20 double digit assist games. Her 17 career double doubles ranks sixth in school history. In addition, she holds the K-State and Big 12 record for career triple-doubles (4) and triple-doubles in a single season (2). Among active players, she started 110 consecutive games, ranking second in the nation.
Kansas State statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Lehning was selected in the second round, 25th overall by the Atlanta Dream. Shalee played in her first WNBA game on May 27. It was a 76–73 victory against the Connecticut Sun. She played nine minutes, and had three assists and one steal.
Lehning announced her retirement in January 2012 after complications from a torn ACL.
Lehning was hired as an assistant coach at her alma mater on January 10, 2010 as a mid-season replacement for Andria Jones, who had left in October.  After four and a half seasons as a Kansas State assistant coach, Lehning was hired as an associate head coach for Northern Colorado in May 2014.
Awards and honors
- 2007–08 WBCA/State Farm Region V Finalist
- 2007–08 All-Big 12 First Team
- 2007–08 Kansas City Star Co-Big 12 Player of the Year
- 2007–08 Kansas City Star All-Big 12 First Team
- 2007–08 Waco Tribune All-Big 12 Second Team
- 2007–08 CoSIDA/ESPN the Magazine Academic All-District VII Third Team
- 2007–08 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
- Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll recipient with a 4.0 GPA
- Big 12 Player of the Week (March 7, 2008)
- 2006–07 All-Big 12 honorable mention
- 2005–06 All-Newcomer Team
- 2005 Gatorade Player of the Year – Kansas
- 2005 Miss Kansas Basketball
- 2005 Wendy’s High School Heisman Award State Finalist
- 2005 Dodge City Globe Player of the Year
- 2004 State Basketball Sportsmanship Award Recipient
- Four-Time KBCA All-State First Team Class 2A
- Two-Time State 2A Basketball Champions
- Two-Time Wichita Eagle/Topeka Capital Journal All-State Selection
- Four-Time Wichita Eagle/Topeka Capital Journal All-Class 2A First Team
- Four-Time Garden City Telegram Southwest Kansas All-Area and First Team
- Four-Time Dodge City Daily Globe Southwest Kansas All-Area and First Team
- Three-Time Hutchinson News Player of the Year
- Two-Time Hutchinson News Athlete of the Year
- Four-Time Hutchinson News All-Area Top 15 First Team and All-Class 2A First Team
- Four-Time Hutchinson News 2A Most Valuable Player
- Four-Time Academic All-League Selection
- WBCA High School All-American Top 100
- Fourth all-time leading scorer in Kansas HS history
- School record holder in career scoring, rebounding, assists and steals at Sublette HS
- [dead link]
- "Women's Basketball Player stats". NCAA. Retrieved 26 Sep 2015.
- "2009 WNBA Draft Board". WNBA.com. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Sun at Dream Boxscore". WNBA.com. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Shalee Lehning Playerfile". WNBA.com. October 27, 1986. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- Robinett, Kellis (January 10, 2010). "Shalee Lehning hired for KSU women's basketball staff". kansas.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Boyles, Collin (May 12, 2014). "Ethridge finalizes coaching staff for 2014-15". uncbears.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.