From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shalmaneser is the name of several Assyrian kings:
- Shalmaneser I King of Assyria (1274–1245 BC)
- Shalmaneser II, King of Assyria (1031–1019 BC)
- Shalmaneser III, King of Assyria (859–824 BC)
- Shalmaneser IV, King of Assyria (783–773 BC)
- Shalmaneser V, King of Assyria (727–722 BC) and Biblical conqueror of Israel (Northern Kingdom)
- A salmanazar is a 9-litre bottle of wine; see Wine bottle sizes
- Shalmaneser is also the name of a powerful computer in John Brunner's science fiction novel Stand on Zanzibar
- George Psalmanazar, a famous European imposter who posed as a Formosan immigrant and was named after the Biblical Shalmaneser.
- Shalmaneser is a Shallow Semantic Parser, a software project in Semantic Role Labeling at Saarland University.
|This disambiguation page lists articles about people with the same name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|