|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 23|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chikodi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chikodi-Sadalga|
As of 2001[update] India census, Shamanewadi had a population of 5,988 with 3,060 males and 2,928 females. More than 90% are from Jain community along with Lingaayats and other communities. Most of the people depend on agriculture, it consists of rich sugar belt, as Farming is a major activity of the area. The main crops are sugar cane, tobacco, jawar, and soyabeans. Almost on the bank of river Dudhganga.There are some good groups in village like Gandhi Katti boys,Jai Karnataka Yuval mandal, Jai Hind group they are partcipeting in social works/Festival etc.
Its schools of higher education include Ayurvedic College, BEd, DEd and Arts and Commerce colleges in Shantinagar area.
- Banks and Financial Societies
- State Bank of India
- The Ratnakar Bank
- Jai Jinendra Co-Op Credit Souhard Ltd.
- Padmavati Minority Multipurpose Society.
- Parshwanath Co-Op Credit Souhard Ltd.
- Shamanewadi Co-Op Credit Souhard Ltd.
Shamanewadi is well connected by road via the State Highway 97 Sankeshwar - Sadalga and Chikkodi - Ichalakaranji road. NWKRTC run buses from Chikodi, Nippani to Ichalkaranji(Maharashtra) and Sadalga stops at Shamanewadi. Rent on taxi and autos available here.
- Nearest Railway Station
- Nearest Airport
- 1008 Chandraprabhu Digambar Jain Temple,
- Beereshwar Temple,
- Ramlingeshwar Temple
- Mallayya Temple
- Brahmanath Temple
- Yellamma Temple
- Village code= 5500 "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- "Yahoomaps India : Shamanewadi, Belgaum, Karnataka". Retrieved 18 December 2008.
|This article related to a location in Chikodi taluk, Belgaum district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|