Supsup at a mall show in General Santos City, October 2012
Shamcey Gurrea Supsup
May 16, 1986
|Alma mater||University of the Philippines Diliman|
|Home town||General Santos City, Philippines|
|Height||5 ft 7 1⁄4 in (171 cm)|
|Title||Miss Universe Philippines 2011|
Lloyd Lee (m. 2013)
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Binibining Pilipinas 2011|
(Winner- Miss Universe Philippines 2011)
Miss Universe 2011
Shamcey Gurrea Supsup-Lee (born Shamcey Gurrea Supsup on May 16, 1986) is a Filipino TV host, model, architect and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2011 and represented her country at the 60th Miss Universe pageant competition.
Supsup moved with her family to General Santos when she was three years old, where she was raised primarily by her father while her mother worked overseas. Before studying in Manila, she helped her father on a farm. She topped the Philippines' licensure examination for architects in June 2010 with a board rating of 86.60%.
Binibining Pilipinas 2011
Supsup entered the Binibining Pilipinas 2011 pageant and won the title of Miss Universe Philippines 2011 during the coronation night held at the Araneta Coliseum on April 10, 2011, gaining the right to represent the Philippines at Miss Universe 2011.
Miss Universe 2011
After being crowned Miss Universe Philippines, Supsup was selected to be one of the Hurados (or judges) in the talent show It's Showtime in 2011. After appearing on 18 episodes, Supsup left her seat to pursue preparations for her then-upcoming participation in Miss Universe 2011.
On September 12, 2011, Supsup was placed fourth in the pageant. Her success and popularity led to her return on It's Showtime as an occasional guest co-host, often filling in for Anne Curtis. She is eventually regularly invited return to Binibining Pilipinas as a co-host and made appearance in the pre-pageant shows and finals events from 2012 to 2015.
On November 2012, it was announced that the Miss Universe Organization had invited Supsup to join the Miss Universe 2012 team as the host of the web coverage for the 2012 pageant. Her web series via missuniverse.com was called "On-the-Scene with Shamcey".
On December 29, 2013, Supsup married boyfriend Lloyd Lee after just a few months of dating. National director Stella Araneta was designated as one of the principal sponsors to their Catholic wedding. They met during her 25th birthday after she won Binibining Pilipinas Universe. In June 2015, Supsup announced that she and Lee are expecting their first child. On January 24, 2016, Supsup gave birth to a baby girl, named Nyke.
- "Film # 007868360 Image Film # 007868360; ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS7R-KS4Q-S — FamilySearch.org". Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- "Shamcey Supsup". BBPilipinas. Archived from the original on November 30, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- (September 13, 2011) Fast Facts about Shamcey Supsup, ABS-CBNnews.com
- "Top 10 Passers of the June 2010 Architecture Board Exam Results". PRC Board Exam Results. June 15, 2010. Retrieved May 20, 2012.
- "Coronation Night". Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Incorporated (BPCI). Archived from the original on March 16, 2009. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Hermogenes, Danica (September 13, 2011). "Angola's Leila Lopes crowned Miss Universe 2011; Philippines' Supsup is 3rd runner-up". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Associated Press. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- "Shamcey to host web coverage of Miss Universe". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 12/01/2012. Check date values in:
- "Shamcey tries resto for garlic lovers". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 05/04/2013. Check date values in:
- "Shamcey Supsup new host interior design show]". Archived from the original on 2014-08-05.
- "Real Talk". CNN Philippines. September 14, 2015. Retrieved October 25, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Shamcey Supsup expecting first child". Rappler. June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Universe
| Miss Universe Philippines