The lake attracts many birds, making it a good birdwatching spot. A resort run by the Government of Telangana is located near the lake. The Outer Ring Road will pass close to the lake. There are many resorts and Private Dhabas around the lake.You can also visit The famous Celebrity Club the 4 star Alankrita Resort and Leonia Resorts are not very far from the lake.Prestigious Institutes like NALSAR University of Law, Institute of Public Enterprise and Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Hyderabad Campuses are also situated near the lake. There is a Jawahar Deer Park, which contains many deer, peacocks and different Birds, is also near to the lake. The Deer park is maintained by the Government of Telangana.
The Shamirpet Police takes care of the lake as there were many cases regarding drowning of people in this lake. There are many Warning Boards around the lake erected by the Authorities.
- Institute of Public Enterprise
- Osman Sagar
- Himayat Sagar
- Nalsar University of Law
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Hyderabad
- "Not the poorer cousin, anymore". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2 April 2006.
- "Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - Hyderabad".
- "Drowning of people in Shamirpet lake". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 11 June 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shamirpet Lake.|
|This article about a location in Hyderabad district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|