Shamsipour Technical College
دانشکده فنی شمسی پور تهران
Dāneshkāde Fanni - Shamsipour Tehran
Shamsipour Technical and Vocational College
|Founder||Aziz Nabavi,The father of accounting science in Iran|
|Chancellor||Marzieh Gord (Supervisor)|
Shamsipour Technical and Vocational College (STVC) is one of the higher education centers in Tehran, Iran. The old name of this college was "Tehran Institute of Technology" and then was changed to "Shamsipour Technical and Vocational College" after the 1979 revolution.
Fields of study which are taught at STVC are:
- Information and communications technology (ICT engineering) (undergraduate)
- Computer engineering (associate and undergraduate)
- Electronic engineering (associate and undergraduate)
- Accounting (associate and undergraduate)
- IT (associate)
The college was first founded in 1964 with the name Higher Institute of Accounting by Aziz Nabavi (The father of Iranian accounting). The center was later renamed to Tehran Institute of Technology. At that time it was equipped with mainframe computers and Learning Resource Center and was administered under the supervision of American advisers from MIT university and by that time was named "American College".
- In the 2006 Robocup Rescue Championships in Bremen, Germany (called the Kosar team)
- First Rank in the 2007 Iran National Robotics championship
- First place in the seventh Kharazmi Youth Festival (2006) in Tehran, Iran
- "Full list of disciplines". Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- "RoboCupRescue 2006 – Rescue Simulation League Team Kosar (Iran) Agent Competition" (PDF). Retrieved 23 August 2017.