Shamsul Anuar Nasarah
|شمس الأنوار نصرة|
|Deputy Minister of Home Affairs|
|Assumed office |
10 December 2022
|Prime Minister||Anwar Ibrahim|
|Minister||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail|
|Preceded by||Ismail Mohamed Said |
|Minister of Energy and Natural Resources|
10 March 2020 – 3 August 2021
|Prime Minister||Muhyiddin Yassin|
|Preceded by||Yeo Bee Yin |
(Minister of Energy, Science, Technology, Climate Change and Environment)
Xavier Jayakumar Arulanandam
(Minister of Water, Land and Natural Resources)
|Succeeded by||Takiyuddin Hassan|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Khamsiyah Yeop |
|2013–2018||Chairman of Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional|
Shamsul Anuar bin Nasarah
1 June 1967
Lenggong, Perak, Malaysia
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN)|
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
Pakatan Harapan (PH)
|Alma mater||University of Malaya|
Northern University of Malaysia
Shamsul Anuar bin Nasarah (Jawi: شمس الأنوار بن نصرة; born 1 June 1967) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Deputy Minister of Home Affairs in the Unity Government administration under Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim and Minister Saifuddin Nasution Ismail since December 2022 and the Member of Parliament (MP) for Lenggong since March 2008. He served as the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin from March 2020 to his resignation in August 2021. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) party in the Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition. He has also served as President of the Malaysian Youth Council. His appointment as a deputy minister in December 2022 is a demotion as he was previously appointed as a minister in March 2020. This has rarely happened in the Malaysian politics.
|2008||P055 Lenggong||Shamsul Anuar Nasarah (UMNO)||10,992||64.41%||Muhd Zulkifli Mohd Zakaria (PAS)||6,073||35.59%||17,436||4,919||75.08%|
|2013||Shamsul Anuar Nasarah (UMNO)||13,285||57.47%||Razman Zakaria (PAS)||9,832||42.53%||23,736||3,453||84.92%|
|2018||Shamsul Anuar Nasarah (UMNO)||12,523||53.97%||Muhd Mujahid Mohd Fadzil (PAS)||6,750||29.09%||23,719||5,773||79.72%|
|Amirul Fairuzzeen Jamaluddin (BERSATU)||3,932||16.94%|
|2022||Shamsul Anuar Nasarah (UMNO)||12,588||45.48%||Muhammad Rifaat Razman (PAS)||11,709||42.30%||27,679||879||74.91%|
|Jurey Latiff Mohd Rosli (PKR)||3,382||12.22%|
Honours of Malaysia
- Malaysia :
- Perak :
- Selangor :
- Companion of the Order of the Crown of Selangor (SMS)
- Federal Territory (Malaysia) :
- Kelantan :
- "Lenggong MP quits cabinet, cites loyalty to Umno". Malaysiakini. Malaysiakini. 3 August 2021. Retrieved 3 August 2021.
- "Shamsul Anuar bin Nasarah, Y.B. Dato'" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 14 April 2010. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- "AirAsia must project our identity, says group". The Star. Star Publications. 25 February 2007. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 6 June 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Agong's birthday honours list". The Star. 7 June 2004. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "CARIAN REKOD PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN/PINGAT NEGERI PERAK DARUL RIDZUAN". pingat.perak.gov.my.
- "Sultan of Perak's Birthday Honours List 2007". The Star. 23 April 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- Ibrahim, Mohd Iskandar; Sulaiman, Noor Atiqah (1 February 2021). "Seramai 335 terima darjah kebesaran sempena Hari Wilayah". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 1 February 2021.
- Hadir, Shawaliah (1 February 2021). "Tengku Zafrul antara 6 penerima Darjah Kebesaran Pangkat Pertama sempena Hari WP". MalaysiaGazette (in Malay). Retrieved 1 February 2021.
- "Sultanah Kelantan dahului senarai penerima darjah kebesaran". Sinar Harian (in Malay). 12 November 2022. Retrieved 12 November 2022.