Shan Food Industries
|Product type||Food processing|
packaged spice mixes
|Owner||Sikandar Sultan (Chairman) Sikandar Tiwana (CEO)|
Shan Foods (Pvt) Limited is a Pakistani producer of packaged spice mixes used in Pakistani cuisine, Indian cuisine and other countries of South Asia. The company's products are exported to over 50 countries, and the popularity of such products is due to the reduction in time required to make traditional meals.
Shan Food Industries was founded as a cottage industry in 1981 in Karachi, Pakistan by Sikandar Sultan, the founder & chairman. A few years later it started exporting to Europe, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. By 2008, Shan had become hugely popular within Pakistan due to its quality brands which were selling at affordable prices for common people. The company is now exporting its products to 52 countries as well in 2008.
In 2000, Shan increased its penetration in the central and northern regions of Pakistan, and officially launched in India in 2004 by organizing a cooking competition in New Delhi. Shan exports to 52 countries making it Pakistan's largest exporter of packaged spice, food, and rice mixes.
Awards and achievements
- 2008–2009 Best Export Performance Award, Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KCCI)
- 2005–2006 Best Export Performance Award (Export Trophy Award) from the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI)
- 2004–2005 Best Export Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2004–2005 Best Merit Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2003–2004 Best Export Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2003–2004 Export Performance Awards, KCCI
- Culinary treasure: Popular food brands fail to protect recipes, The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 8 March 2015, Retrieved 15 October 2017
- Pakistan's King of Masalas spins his own magic (Shan Food Industries), The News International (newspaper), Published 27 April 2008, Retrieved 15 October 2017
- Rana Siddiqui (15 March 2004). "Food, the best PR?". The Hindu (newspaper). Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Prime Minister gives away KCCI export performance awards, Aaj TV News website, Published 28 September 2009, Retrieved 15 October 2017
- 2006 FPCCI's export trophy award for Shan Food Industries, The News International (newspaper), Published 2 May 2006, Retrieved 15 October 2017
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|