|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Unmasked|
|Recorded||The Record Plant, |
New York City: 1980
|Genre||Pop rock, soft rock|
|Label||Casablanca NB-2282 AS (US)|
|Songwriter(s)||Paul Stanley, Vini Poncia|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Shandi" is a hit single by American hard rock band Kiss. Released on their 1980 album, Unmasked, the song was popular in Australia, where it reached number five on the Australian charts. The song would prove to be a hit in other countries as well, making the top ten in three other countries. Shandi peaked at number 47 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart.
The song is performed solo by Paul Stanley on guitar when the band is touring in Australia and New Zealand. The song was also played by Kiss with the Melbourne Symphony Ensemble for the Kiss Symphony: Alive IV performance and subsequent album in 2003.
A promotional video was made for the song, which proved to be the final appearance of Peter Criss with the band before he left to pursue a solo career in 1980. Although all four original band members appear in the video, only Paul Stanley was involved in the recording of the track. Session drummer Anton Fig plays drums, Kiss roadie Tom Harper plays bass and professional songwriter Holly Knight plays keyboards, while Stanley sings lead and plays all guitars. Vini Poncia provided backing vocals to the track.
In the video, a woman stalks the band from outside their dressing room, anxious to see them without their makeup. After their concert, they return to their dressing room to change to their street clothes. Upon exiting the room, the woman calls them out; they turn around, revealing that they still have their makeup on.
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||5|
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||23|
- Paul Stanley - rhythm guitar, lead vocals
- Gene Simmons - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Ace Frehley - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Peter Criss - drums
- Paul Stanley - lead guitar, lead vocals
- Anton Fig - drums
- Ace Frehley - acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Tom Harper - bass guitar
- Holly Knight - keyboards
- Vini Poncia - backing vocals
- International Chart History
- "Shandi" Billboard Hot 100 Chart Position
- Leaf, David and Ken Sharp. KISS: Behind the Mask: The Official Authorized Biography, Warner Books, 2003. ISBN 0-446-53073-5
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Forum – ARIA Charts: Special Occasion Charts – 1980". Australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 1 May 2017.