|Hubs||Jinan Yaoqiang International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Phoenix Miles|
|Headquarters||Jinan, Shandong, China|
|Key people||Sun Yude (President)|
Shandong Airlines Co,.Ltd. (Chinese: 山东航空; pinyin: Shāndōng Háng Kōng, nicknamed SDA or 山航 Shānháng) is an airline based in the Shandong Airlines Center (山东航空大厦 Shāndōng Hángkōng Dàshà) in Jinan, Shandong, China. The Chinese carrier operates mainly domestic trunk routes from Jinan, Qingdao and Yantai to major cities in China. It is owned by Air China and holds a 10 percent stake in Sichuan Airlines.
Shandong Airlines was established on 12 March 1994 and started operations in September of the same year. In September 1997, it jointly founded the Xinxing Aviation Alliance along with five of China's provincial airlines.
On 21 April 2014, Shandong Airlines committed to order 50 Boeing 737s, including 16 Next-Generation 737s and 34 737 MAXs. The order still needs to be approved by the Chinese government, and the airline will receive the aircraft in batches between 2016 and 2020.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shandong Airlines operates to the following destinations (as of July 2016):
- Inner Mongolia
- Tokyo - Haneda Airport (begins 18 August 2016)
- Tokyo - Narita International Airport
- Osaka - Kansai International Airport
- South Korea
- Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai International Airport
- Phuket - Phuket International Airport
As of July 2016, the Shandong Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft:
- "About SDA." Shandong Airlines. Retrieved on December 19, 2011. "Address: Shandong Airlines Centre, 5746 – East 2nd Ring Road, Jinan, Shandong, PR China."
- "山航简介." Shandong Airlines. Retrieved on December 19, 2011. "地址：济南市二环东路5746号山东航空大厦"
- "Shandong Airlines Commitment to Purchase 50 Boeing737s (737-800/737MAX)（04/23/2014）". Shandong Weekly.
- "Boeing Statement on Shandong Airlines Commitment to Purchase 50 737s". The Boeing Company.
- "Shandong Airlines Adds Tokyo Haneda Debut in Aug 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Shandong Airlines Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "ARJ21 Regional Jet Aircraft, China". aerospace-technology.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17.[unreliable source?]
- "COMAC ARJ21 Production List". abcdlist.nl. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shandong Airlines.|