Shane Archbold at the 2015 Grand Prix d'Isbergues.
|Full name||Shane William Archbold|
The Flying Mullet
|Born||2 February 1989|
|Weight||95 kg (209 lb)|
|Discipline||Track and road|
|2007||Calder Stewart Pink Batts|
|2008||Kelford – Reiker|
|2012||Marco Polo Cycling–Donckers Koffie|
|2013–2014||An Post–Chain Reaction|
Shane William Archbold (born 2 February 1989) is a New Zealand professional racing cyclist. He was named in the start list for the 2016 Tour de France. During the 2016 Tour de France Shane crashed early on in the 17th stage and broke his pelvis but he struggled on to finish the stage.
- 1st Time trial, National Novice Championships
- 2nd Team pursuit, UCI Junior Track World Championships
- National Junior Track Championships
- Youth Olympic Festival
- 1st Points race
- 3rd Individual pursuit
- 1st Stage 4 Tour du Pays de Vaud
- 1st Stage 4 Tour de Vineyards
- 2nd Omnium, UCI Track World Championships
- 1st Stage 2 Rás Tailteann
- Commonwealth Games
- 2nd Ominium, Fenioux Piste International
- 9th Rutland–Melton International CiCLE Classic
- 2nd Classica Corsica
- 3rd Grand Prix d'Isbergues
- 5th Omloop van het Houtland
- 8th Rund um Köln
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
|Tour de France||DNF|
|Vuelta a España||—|
|—||Did not compete|
|DNF||Did not finish|
- "Puncture deflates the 'flying mullet'". tvnz.co.nz. 5 August 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Piddington, Stu (23 September 2014). "Shane Archbold opts for future on the road". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "2016 > 103rd Tour de France > Startlist". ProCyclingStats. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Shane Archbold out of Tour de France after breaking his pelvis in crash". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Fenioux Piste International: Vélodrome de Costebelle - Hyères - Côte d'Azur: Omnium Hommes Elite" (PDF). Fédération Française de Cyclisme. 11 July 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
Media related to Shane Archbold at Wikimedia Commons
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|