|Full name||Shane Jerome Blackett|
|Date of birth||3 October 1982|
|Place of birth||Luton, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|St Neots Town|
|2004–2007||Dagenham & Redbridge||81||(0)|
|2013–2014||Hemel Hempstead Town||14||(2)|
|2015–||St Neots Town||14||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 March 2015.
Shane Jerome Blackett (born 3 October 1982) is an English footballer who plays as a defender for Southern Football League Premier Division side St Neots Town. He is able to play at both centre-back and left-back.
Born in Luton, Blackett started his career at Spartan South Midlands League side Dunstable Town, before moving to Isthmian League club Arlesey Town. After only one year at Arlesey, Blackett and team-mate Craig Mackail-Smith signed for Conference National side Dagenham & Redbridge at the beginning of the 2004–05 season. After two seasons of finishing with Dagenham in mid-table, Blackett played a part in the Daggers' promotion-winning campaign of 2006–07, but was sold to Peterborough United in the January transfer window, again alongside Mackail-Smith.
Over the next two seasons, Blackett played in both of Peterborough's back-to-back promotions making a total of 35 league appearances, although he struggled with injuries. Along with 11 other players, Blackett was placed on the transfer list at Peterborough following their promotion to the Championship.
On 22 July 2009, Blackett joined his hometown club Luton Town on a two-year contract. The transfer was unique in that it was funded partly from the proceeds of a friendly with Peterborough, which took place on 25 July. He played in 31 games during the 2009–10 season, including in two play-off semi-final defeats to York City. The next season saw Blackett play just eight times, with long-term hernia and groin injuries ruling him out of the vast majority of games. In June 2011, he signed a one-year contract extension, having passed a medical examination on the injuries from the previous season. However, further injuries restricted Blackett to twelve games during 2011–12 and, on 30 May 2012, he left the club having not been offered a new contract.
In July 2014, Blackett left Hemel Hempstead and rejoined his first club Dunstable Town following their promotion to the Southern Football League Premier Division, eleven years after leaving the club.
- Dagenham & Redbridge
- Peterborough United
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Williams, Mike; Williams, Tony, eds. (2013). Non-League Club Directory 2014. Tony Williams Publications. p. 1006. ISBN 978-1-869833-72-5.
- "Daggers snap up duo". BBC Sport. 26 May 2004. Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- "Peterborough recruit Daggers pair". BBC Sport. 29 January 2007. Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- "Blackett blow hits Posh". Sky Sports. 9 September 2008. Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- "Posh transfer list 12 players". Football.co.uk. 12 May 2009. Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- "Friendly to fund Blackett deal". Luton Town F.C. 22 July 2009. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "Shane Blackett signs new Luton Town contract". BBC Sport. 21 June 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Trio to depart". Luton Town F.C. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Blackett signs for Arlesey Town". Luton Today. Johnston Publishing Ltd. 19 August 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.