|Born||22 January 1980|
Palmerston North, New Zealand
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||159 lb (72 kg)|
Shane Dobbin (born 22 January 1980) is a New Zealand inline skater and speed skater. Before competing on ice, he won a silver medal at The World Games 2001 in Akita and repeated this success at The World Games 2005 in Duisburg. He was New Zealand's only competitor in speed skating at the 2010 Winter Olympics, finishing 17th in the men's 5000 m. He was born in Palmerston North.
Dobbin was the first confirmed selection for the New Zealand team to the 2014 Winter Olympics. He was also named the New Zealand flagbearer at the 2014 Winter Olympics opening ceremony. He finished 14th in the men's 5000 speed skating.
- "Shane Dobbin". Olympic.org.nz. New Zealand Olympic Committee.
- "Shane Dobbin of New Zealand". Skatelog.com. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "SHANE DOBBIN – FIRST NZ OLYMPIC TEAM SELECTION FOR SOCHI 2014". Olympic.org.nz. New Zealand Olympic Committee.
- Walker, Nick (5 February 2014). "Winter Olympics: Dobbin named NZ flag bearer". Yahoo Sports. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Shane Dobbin at the International Olympic Committee
- Shane Dobbin at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
|This New Zealand biographical article relating to sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a speed skater is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|