Peterson with the Tampa Bay Rays
|Tampa Bay Rays – No. 2|
February 11, 1988 |
|April 16, 2013, for the Oakland Athletics|
(through July 21, 2017)
|Runs batted in||28|
Shane Aaron Peterson (born February 11, 1988) is an American professional baseball outfielder for the Tampa Bay Rays of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Oakland Athletics and Milwaukee Brewers.
He was added to the 40-man roster on November 20, 2012. He was claimed off waivers by the Chicago Cubs on December 19 and then again by the Milwaukee Brewers on December 23. The Brewers designated Peterson for assignment on January 29, 2016. He was sent outright to the Colorado Springs Sky Sox, the Brewers AAA affiliate, on February 4, 2016. He was invited to the Brewers' Spring Training camp in mid-February to compete for the lone outfield position still open, and was one of nine players competing to be the Brewers center fielder for the 2016 season.
On December 19, 2016, Peterson signed a minor league contract with the Tampa Bay Rays. On April 14, 2017 he was called up to play an away game against the Boston Red Sox where he hit a 2-run home run in his first at-bat as a member of the Rays.
- "Cardinals acquire help in Holliday". ESPN.com. July 25, 2009. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "A's add four to 40-man roster". MLB.com. November 20, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Rogers, Jesse (December 19, 2014). "Cubs claim C Lavarnway, OF Peterson". ESPN.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Cubs claim pitcher from Giants". ESPN.com. Associated Press. December 23, 2014. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Rebuilding Brewers acquire Liriano, former Padres prospect". ESPN.com. Associated Press. January 29, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- Todd, Jeff (December 19, 2016). "Minor MLB Transactions: 12/19/16". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved December 20, 2016.