|Full name||Shane Shillingford|
22 February 1983 |
|Bowling style||Right-arm off-break|
|Test debut||10 June 2010 v South Africa|
|Last Test||20 March 2013 v Zimbabwe|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: ESPNcricinfo, 11 December 2013|
Shillingford made his Test debut on 10 June 2010 in the home series against South Africa and played in three matches in that series. He then toured Sri Lanka with the 2010–11 West Indies team and took five wickets in his first test match of the tour: four in the first innings triggering a Sri Lankan collapse and instigating a follow-on. However half of the third day was washed out in rain and Sri Lanka rallied after the follow-on and salvaged a draw.
On 20 November 2010 straight after his first international match, the stood umpires Asad Rauf, Richard Kettleborough and Steve Davis reported Shillingford for a suspect action. It was found that Shillingford bent his arm by 17 degrees while bowling, rendering his action illegal and on 21 December 2010 the International Cricket Council announced he had been suspended from bowling in international cricket until his action could be remodelled and reassessed. Following the news that Shillingford could not bowl in international cricket, he was dropped from the Windward Islands' squad for the 2010–11 Caribbean Twenty20. Instead he was sent to the Sagicor High Performance Centre to work on his bowling action for three-months. After testing in May 2011, it was announced that Shillingford's action was legal and he would be allowed to resume bowling in international cricket.
After his bowling action was cleared, Shillingford began his return to the West Indies set up, and in September 2011 he was included in the Test squad to tour Bangladesh, though he did not play. The 2011/12 season marked Shillingford's return to the Winward Islands' squad after working on his action, and his return of 38 wickets from just five first-class matches was the equal third-highest tally in the Regional Four Day Competition. After the tournament concluded, Australia toured the West Indies and Shillingford was included in the squad for the second Test in April 2012. The match was his first Test since November 2010.
Shillingford became the first Dominican to play international cricket on his home soil in a Test series in 2012 between Australia and West Indies; he took six wickets in the first innings and four in the second, making him the first West Indian spinner to take ten wickets in a test since Lance Gibbs in 1966.
The West Indies embarked on a tour of England in May 2012. Shillingford was not selected in the first Test because he struggled to grip the ball in the cold weather, and partly because conditions were expected to be better suited to seam bowlers. He returned for the second Test, but managed just one wicket in the match while conceding 138 runs.
In the 1st Test against New Zealand at Sabina Park in Kingston on June 11, 2014, Shillingford put on 81 runs off 56 balls for the 10th wicket with Sulieman Benn, the highest 10th wicket partnership ever at Sabina Park. Shillingford scored an unbeaten 53 off just 29 balls. His fifty came off just 25 balls, the third fastest Test fifty after Jacques Kallis. However, New Zealand won by 186 runs.
Test 10 wicket hauls
Test 5 wicket hauls
Man of the Match awards
|S No||Series||Season||Match Performance||Result|
|1||1st Test - Clive Lloyd Trophy Test Series||2012/13||1st Innings: 22-4-58-3 ; 1 (19 balls)
2nd Innings: 16-4-49-6 ; 1 ct. ; DNB
|West Indies won by 9 wickets.|
|2||2nd Test - Clive Lloyd Trophy Test Series||2012/13||1st Innings: 21.5-4-59-5 ; 4* (26 balls, 1x4)
2nd Innings: 15-4-34-5 ; DNB
|West Indies won by an innings and 65 runs.|
Player of the Series awards
|S No||Series||Season||Match Performance||Result|
|1||Clive Lloyd Trophy Test Series||2012/13||19 wickets with 3 five-wicket hauls. avg. 10.52
5 runs ; 1 ct. (2 matches)
|West Indies won the series 2-0.|
- "Shane Shillingford". www.cricketarchive.com. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- "Shane Shillingford reported for suspect action". 20 November 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- "Shane Shillingford suspended from bowling". Cricinfo. 21 December 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Shillingford dropped from Windwards squad". Cricinfo. 21 December 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Shane Shillingford cleared to resume bowling". Cricinfo. 4 June 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Gayle ignored, Ramdin back for Bangladesh tour". Cricinfo. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Records / Regional Four Day Competition, 2011/12 / Most wickets". Cricinfo. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Shillingford added to Test squad". Cricinfo. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- McGlashan, Andrew (15 April 2012). "Australia grind on pitch offering early turn". Cricinfo. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "West Indies v Australia, 3rd Test, Roseau, 4th day: Shillingford is West Indies' bright spot". Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Sammy leaves Gayle door ajar". Cricinfo. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Gollapudi, Nagraj (15 May 2012). "Gibson ponders all-pace attack". Cricinfo. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "f54052 t2044 England v West Indies". CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Clive Lloyd Trophy, 2012/13 - 1st Test".
- "Clive Lloyd Trophy, 2012/13 - 2nd Test".
- "Clive Lloyd Trophy, 2012/13".