|Born: October 11, 1979|
New Iberia, Louisiana
|MLB: September 10, 2006, for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
|CPBL: August 21, 2011, for the Lamigo Monkeys|
|KBO: April 11, 2012, for the Lotte Giants|
|MLB: September 30, 2007, for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
|CPBL: October 2, 2011, for the Lotte Giants|
|KBO: July 11, 2015, for the Hanwha Eagles|
|Earned run average||5.13|
|Earned run average||2.15|
|Earned run average||3.99|
Shane Demond Youman (born October 11, 1979) is an American former professional baseball pitcher. He played parts of two seasons in Major League Baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Youman stands at 6' 4", and weighs 220 pounds. Youman is a classic "crafty" left-handed pitcher, with a fastball in the 84-88 MPH range and a hard slider, as well as a changeup.
He attended Louisiana State. He made his major league debut for the Pittsburgh Pirates on September 10, 2006. He got his first career win on July 3, 2007 against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Youman was claimed off waivers by the Philadelphia Phillies on November 28, 2007. On March 19, 2008, he was sent outright to the minors, but was released in early June. Shortly thereafter, Youman signed with the Lancaster Barnstormers of the Atlantic League, where he made his debut on June 16, 2008. He remained in the Atlantic League for parts of four seasons, pitching for five teams.
On August 10, 2011 after pitching 13 games that season for the Long Island Ducks, Youman's contract was purchased by the Lamigo Monkeys in Taiwan. In January 2012, with the help of the Global Scouting Bureau, Youman signed a one-year contract to pitch for the Lotte Giants of the Korea Professional Baseball League.
New Iberia Senior High School held a ceremony to retire Youman's number on March 18, 2017. In front of a crowd that included Youman's family, friends, and former coaches, the school presented him with a framed jersey.
- ^ "Renault drives Barnstormers to win". 15 June 2008.
- ^ "The Official Website of the Long Island Ducks". Archived from the original on 2011-09-19. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- ^ "GSB Sports - YOUMAN INKS DEAL WITH LOTTE". gsbsports.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-19.
- ^ "Local Briefs" from The Advertiser of Lafayette, LA (please scroll to bottom of article) 
- ^ a b Landry, Chris. "NISH baseball retires Youman’s jersey number", The Daily Iberian, March 19, 2017.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball Reference, or Baseball Reference (Minors)
- Career statistics and player information from Korea Baseball Organization
- 1979 births
- Living people
- African-American baseball players
- Águilas Cibaeñas players
- American expatriate baseball players in the Dominican Republic
- Altoona Curve players
- American expatriate baseball players in Mexico
- American expatriate baseball players in South Korea
- American expatriate baseball players in Taiwan
- Baseball players from Louisiana
- Bridgeport Bluefish players
- Cangrejeros de Santurce (baseball) players
- Caribes de Anzoátegui players
- Hanwha Eagles players
- Hickory Crawdads players
- Indianapolis Indians players
- KBO League pitchers
- Lamigo Monkeys players
- Lancaster Barnstormers players
- Leones de Yucatán players
- Leones del Caracas players
- American expatriate baseball players in Venezuela
- Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente pitchers
- Lobos de Arecibo players
- Long Island Ducks players
- Lotte Giants players
- Louisiana State University alumni
- LSU Tigers baseball players
- Lynchburg Hillcats players
- Major League Baseball pitchers
- Mexican League baseball pitchers
- Newark Bears players
- People from New Iberia, Louisiana
- Peoria Saguaros players
- Pittsburgh Pirates players
- Reading Phillies players
- Williamsport Crosscutters players
- York Revolution players
- 21st-century African-American sportspeople
- 20th-century African-American sportspeople