Shanghai Metropolitan Area Intercity Railway
|Transit type||Commuter rail|
|Number of lines||~13 total|
|Began operation||28 September 2012|
|Operator(s)||China Railway/Shanghai Metro|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||AC 25 kV overhead lines|
|Shanghai Metropolitan Area Intercity Railway|
Shanghai Metropolitan Area Intercity Railway System or Shanghai Suburban Railway System is a network of regional railways radiating or surrounding the city of Shanghai, China. It is a plan for the gradual implementation of a regional rail system across the metropolitan area. The system will eventually connect with Jiangsu Yangtze MIR and Hanzhou Greater Bay Area network.
Suburban railway routes
- Jinshan railway
- Pudong railway (suspended since 2015 due to safety issues of a container storage station for dangerous chemicals near Luchaogang Station, see 2015 Tianjin explosions)
- Line 16, Shanghai Metro (Operated by Shanghai Metro)
- Line 17, Shanghai Metro (Operated by Shanghai Metro)
- Shanghai Airport line (机场联络线)
- Chongming line (崇明线, will not operated by China Railway)
- Jiamin line (嘉闵线)
- Fengpu line (奉浦线)
- Jiaqingsongjin line (嘉青松金线)
- Chuannanfeng line (川南奉线)
- Baojia line (宝嘉线)
- Nangang line (南港线)
- East West line (东西联络线)
- Pudong–Lingang line (浦东机场-临港市域线)
- "上海市轨道交通近期建设规划(2017-2025)环境影响评价公示" (in Chinese). 上海环境热线. 18 February 2016.
- "上海市轨道交通近期建设规划(2017-2025)环境影响评价第二次公示" (in Chinese). 上海环境热线. 18 April 2016.
- Shanghai Pudong Railway Development Company Limited (25 August 2016). "关于芦潮港火车站列车停运的公告通知". 上海自贸区联合发展有限公司. Archived from the original on 28 March 2017.(in Chinese)
- "上海规土局：机场联络线和嘉闵线已明确采用市郊铁路制式" (in Chinese). 澎湃新闻. 10 August 2016.