Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila
|Shangri-La at the Fort|
The Shangri-La at the Fort in September 2015
|Location||5th Avenue corner 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Construction started||May 26, 2011|
|Opening||March 1, 2016 |
|Owner||Shangri-La Asia, Ltd., Shang Properties, Alphaland|
|Management||Shangri-La International Hotel Management|
|Height||250 m (820 ft)|
|Floor area||130,000 square metres (1,400,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Handel Architects (design architect); Hirsch Bedner Associates (interior design)|
|Developer||Shangri-La Asia, Ltd.|
|Structural engineer||DeSimone Consulting Engineers|
Shangri-La at the Fort is a 5-star luxury hotel and mixed-used building in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines. It opened on March 1, 2016 and one of the three hotels managed by Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts located in Metro Manila, Philippines. The hotel has 576 rooms and suites, Shangri-La Hotel and Residences; Horizon Homes with 97 residential units, 7 restaurants, an entertainment club, and a café.
At 250m tall, it is one of the top four tallest skyscrapers in the Philippines.
US-based Handel Architects is the design architect of the building and Hirsch Bedner Associates will undertake the interior design for hotel guestrooms, hotel residences and the hotel public areas.
The structural design is being performed by DeSimone Consulting Engineers. The design is being completed using an earthquake engineering design philosophy called Performance Based Design (PBD).
Rooms and suites
The hotel has 576 rooms and suites. Room design elements include accents of marble and silk, with light Italian wood that complements the cityscape.
- GMA News TV (July 2, 2008) Arroyo to lead groundbreaking of new $250M Shangri-La Hotel
- Business Mirror (July 4, 2008) Shangri-La’s $250-M hotel to rise at Fort Boni
- Positive News Media Philippines 6th Shangri-La Group Hotel: A tribute to Arroyo administration
- Shangri-la Press Release (July 3, 2008. Updated January 2010) Press Release: Shangri-La At The Fort, Manila Will Open In 2014 In Fast-Emerging Fort Bonifacio
- 6-Star Shang Grand Tower Private Residences