Shania Twain (album)
|Studio album by Shania Twain|
|Released||20 April 1993 (North America)
3 May 1994 (UK)
6 March 2000 (European re-release)
|Producer||Harold Shedd, Norro Wilson|
|Shania Twain chronology|
|Singles from Shania Twain|
Shania Twain is the self-titled debut album by Shania Twain, originally released in 1993. Although not a hit when originally released, Twain's subsequent successful albums gained her legions of fans, which generated more interest in Shania Twain causing it to be certified platinum in the US for shipments of one million copies. None of Shania Twain's songs were included in Twain's Greatest Hits album, released in 2004.
Three songs were originally recorded by other artists. "There Goes the Neighborhood" was recorded by Joe Diffie on his 1990 album A Thousand Winding Roads, "When He Leaves You" was previously a single for Donna Meade in 1989, and "You Lay a Whole Lot of Love on Me" was recorded by Con Hunley in 1980 and Tom Jones in 1983.
- "What Made You Say That" (Tony Haselden, Stan Munsey) – 2:58
- "You Lay a Whole Lot of Love on Me" (Hank Beach, Forest Borders II) – 2:48
- "Dance with the One That Brought You" (Sam Hogin, Gretchen Peters) – 2:23
- "Still Under the Weather" (Skip Ewing, L.E. White, Michael White) – 3:06
- "God Ain't Gonna Getcha for That" (Kent Robbins, Shania Twain) – 2:44
- "Got a Hold on Me" (Rachel Newman) – 2:14
- "There Goes the Neighborhood" (Tommy Dodson, Bill C. Graham, Alan Laney) – 3:17
- "Forget Me" (Stephony Smith) – 3:21
- "When He Leaves You" (Mike Reid, Robbins) – 4:21
- "Crime of the Century" (Richard Fagan, Ralph Murphy) – 3:29
- Produced by Norro Wilson and Harold Shedd
- Engineered and mixed by Jim Cotton, Todd Culross, Graeme Smith and Joe Scaife
- Mastered by Marty Williams
- Drums: Paul Leim, Larrie Londin
- Percussion: Terry McMillan
- Bass: Mike Brignardello, Glenn Worf
- Acoustic Guitar: Mark Casstevens, Allen Frank Estes, Chris Leuzinger, Billy Joe Walker, Jr., John Willis
- Electric Guitar: Steve Gibson, Billy Joe Walker Jr., Reggie Young
- Steel Guitar: Sonny Garrish
- Synthesizer: Costo Davis
- Keyboards: David Briggs, Costo Davis, Gary Prim
- Harmonica: Terry McMillan, Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson
- Lead Vocals: Shania Twain
- Backing vocals: Anthony Martin, John Wesley Ryles, Ronny Scaife, Shania Twain, Cindy Richardson Walker, Dennis Wilson, Curtis Young
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||28||2× Platinum||200,000|
|Norwegian Albums Chart||40|
|UK Albums Chart||113||Silver||60,000|
|US Billboard Top Country Albums||67||Platinum||1,200,000|
- Shania Twain (album) at AllMusic
- Christgau, Robert. "CG: Shania Twain". robertchristgau.com. Robert Christgau.
- McGee, David (1993-11-25). "Shania Twain: Shania Twain : Music Reviews". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2007-11-27. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "RPM Country Albums for June 15, 1998". RPM. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "norwegiancharts.com - Shania Twain - Shania Twain". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2015-03-12.
- "Chart Log UK (1994–2010): DJ T – Tzant". zobbel.de. Retrieved 2015-03-12.
- BPI Certifications Database
- "Shania Twain - Shania Twain". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-02-10.