This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shaik in 2008
|Born||11 February 1991|
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
(m. 2018; div. 2019)
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Shaik's mother, Kim, is Australian of Lithuanian ancestry, while her father Hanif, is Pakistani and Saudi. She started modeling when she was 8 years old for Myer and appearing in a TV commercial for Hyundai, but stopped when she started high school and got accepted into an accelerated program, graduating a year before her classmates. At the age of fifteen, encouraged by others, she entered the Girlfriend Model Competition. While agents were interested in her, she was too young to move to Sydney, so she went on to participate on the Australian reality show Make Me A Supermodel, finishing as the runner-up. Shaik was raised Muslim. Speaking about her upbringing in 2016, Shaik reflected: “I was born and raised Muslim and I lived a very normal lifestyle. My father is very open to my job and understanding and he is grateful for the woman I have become. I'm a very sophisticated and respectful woman. I had a great upbringing and a great lifestyle with my sibling.”
In her debut season during the Autumn/Winter 2009 season Shaik walked over 8 shows in New York City. She opened Yeohlee and walked for other designers such as Shipley & Halmos, Abaete, Mara Hoffman, Lorick, Project Runway, Trovata and Richie Rich. In her second season, she scored a show card for the Spring/Summer 2010. Following this she walked for designers Betsey Johnson, Catherine Malandrino, Gerlan Jeans, Nary Manivong, Rachel Antonoff and Susan Woo. During the Autumn/Winter 2010 season Shanina walked for Bebe by Kardashian, Emu Australia, Iodice and Project Runway.
Shaik has appeared in catalogues for Macy's, Alloy, Avon, Intermix, Urban Outfitters, Lovable, Burda Style, Spiegel, Free People, Bloomingdales, J. C. Penney, Seafolly, Otto, Shop Bop, Sasha Samuel and Ann Taylor. Her advertisements include Aéropostale, Cotton On, Olay New Look, Burneo Chocolate, Body & Bath Works 'Dark Kiss' fragrance, Edward Joseph, Imari by Avon, General Pants Co., Bonds, Bauhaus and Matrix Hair Biolage
Shortly after signing with New York Model Management, Shaik appeared in editorials for Seventeen Magazine and Men's Health. Other appearances include Level Magazine, Orlando Style Magazine, 2 Wheeler Tuner Magazine, Philadelphia Style Magazine, Tu Style and Zink Magazine.
In 2010, Shaik walked in the Spring/Summer 2011 catwalk show for Project Runway and L.A.M.B.
In 2011, she switched to NEXT Model Management, and from Chadwick Model Management to Chic Model Management. She starred in a campaign for Italian lingerie giant Intimissimi and Australian shoe brand RMK. Shaik has worked for other brands such as Macy's, Avon, Bloomingdales, Free People, Olay, Seafolly, Spiegel, J. C. Penney and Sasha Samuel. She also starred at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012 walking for Bless'ed Are The Meek, Guanabana, Karen Neilson, Kirrily Johnston, L.A.M.B., Lisa Blue, Lisa Marie, Miss Unkon, None the Richer, Nookie Beach, Project Runway, Roopa Pemmaraju, Terri Donna, Wonders Cease.
Shaik scored a breakthrough when she was cast to walk in the 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, making her the sixth Australian along with Miranda Kerr, Jessica Hart, Elyse Taylor, Sarah Stephens, and Abbey Lee Kershaw to star in the show. Shaik has also walked for Chanel's Pre-Fall 2012 collection at the Grand Palais in Paris.
In 2012, Shaik appeared in print-work for Victoria's Secret and Bonds. During Fall/Winter 2012 Fashion Week she opened Jason Wu, and also walked for Ruffian, Kevork Kiledjian, Charlotte Ronson, Nanette Lepore, Diesel, Oscar de la Renta, L'Wren Scott, Tom Ford, Blumarine, Atsuro Tayama, Maiyet, Vivienne Westwood, and Stella McCartney. Shaik also did a shoot with Vogue Australia. She is also an ambassador for Just Jeans and has modeled alongside rugby star Sonny Bill Williams. In 2016, Shaik became a brand ambassador for Australian swimwear brand Seafolly.
Shaik got engaged to her boyfriend of eight months Gregory “DJ Ruckus” Andrews in December 2015. They married in the Bahamas on April 2018. They separated on June 2019, and Shaik filed for divorce a month later after a year of marriage.
- "Shanina Shaik - IMG Models".
- "Shanina Shaik - Model".
- "Shanina Shaik". Vogue. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "FMD - General Photos of shanina shaik". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. 11 February 1991. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- "Shanina Shaik - Model".
- Lim, James (17 November 2011). "Meet the New Girl: Shanina Shaik Bonded With Miranda Kerr at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". New York Magazine. Retrieved 18 November 2011.
- "Make Me A Supermodel's Shanina Shaik is all sex - Martin Walsh". News Limited. 14 November 2008. p. 1. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Shanina Shaik on her Muslim upbringing". albawaba. 3 May 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Victoria's Secret model Shanina Shaik gets to her exercise routine" Retrieved 29 May 2015
- "Shanina Shaik (November 2011 - February 2013) - Page 11 - the Fashion Spot". forums.thefashionspot.com.
- "Hey, Shanina!". Cleo. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "Shanina Shaik and Chip the koala are our April cover stars". Harper's Bazaar. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "BEHOLD MAXIM COVER MODEL SHANINA SHAIK'S MOST STUNNING INSTAGRAMS". Maxim.
- "Shanina Shaik on Her Engagement to DJ Ruckus: 'It Was Quick, But It Feels Right'". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Shanina Shaik and DJ Ruckus Are Engaged! See Her Hexagonal Diamond Ring". brides. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Shanina Shaik and Husband Greg 'D.J. Ruckus' Andrews Separate After One Year of Marriage". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Shanina Shaik Files for Divorce Nearly 1 Month After Separating from Husband DJ Ruckus". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shanina Shaik.|