From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Word/name||Diminutive of Shannon or Anglicization of Sionna|
|Meaning||'old and wise' or 'possessor of wisdom'|
|Popularity||see popular names|
Shanna is an feminine given name.
It derives from an Anglicization of Sionna meaning "possessor of wisdom" or as a common diminutive of Shannon meaning "wise river."
An alternate spelling of Shanna may be Shana.
History of the name
Sionna is the Irish spelling of Shanna.
- Shanna Collins (born 1983), American actress
- Shanna Compton, American poet
- Shanna Zolman (born 1983), American professional basketball player
- Shanna McCullough (born 1960), American pornographic actress
- Shanna Marie McLaughlin(born May 10, 1985), List of Playboy Playmates of 2010 is the Playboy Playmate of the Month for July 2010.
- Shanna Moakler (born 1975), American model, actress and reality television star
- Shanna Reed (born 1955), American dancer and actress
- Shanna Swendson, American author
- Shanna the She-Devil, a fictional jungle adventurer in the Marvel Comics universe
- Shanna, a character from the video game Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Shanna, a novel by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
- Domhnaill, Fadó. Fadó: Tales of Lesser Known Irish History. Leicestershire, UK: Matador, 2013. 7. Print.
- "Playmate data". Retrieved June 18, 2010.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|