|Full name||Shannon Paul Gallant|
26 February 1986 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||172 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (12 st 2 lb)|
|As of 9 October 2011|
|Source: League Central RLP|
Shannon Gallant (born 26 February 1986), is an Australian rugby league player. He has played in the National Rugby League (NRL) for the North Queensland Cowboys and the Wests Tigers. He primarily plays at fullback and is known for his speed and small stature.
Gallant played junior Rugby League with the Campbelltown City Kangaroos, and joined the Western Suburbs Magpies when he was 13 years old. He made his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers (a joint venture between the Magpies and the Balmain Tigers) in 2007, and went on to play 12 games there in three seasons.
Gallant joined the North Queensland Cowboys for the 2010 and 2011 seasons after seeking a release from the Tigers, claiming that there would be more first-grade opportunities for him at the Cowboys. His contract with the Cowboys ended in 2011, having played in nine NRL matches for the club.
- First Grade Debut: 2007 - Round 19, Wests Tigers v New Zealand Warriors, Campbelltown Stadium, 22 July
- Phelps, James (9 March 2009). "Tall order for new Hodgson". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Phelps, James (9 March 2009). "Tall order for new Hodgson". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Player profile: Shannon Gallant". North Queensland Cowboys. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Gallant to join Cowboys". Sydney Morning Herald. 5 September 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
- "Season 2012 - ins and outs". www.cowboys.com.au. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "VB NSW Cup Team Lists - Round 5". NSWRL.com.au. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.