This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shannon Lucas (left) performing with All That Remains in 2006
September 27, 1983 |
Staunton, Virginia, U.S.
|Genres||Death metal, heavy metal, metalcore|
|Associated acts||The Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, Mensrea, Wartorn, Battlecross, Serpentine Dominion|
Shannon Lucas (born September 27, 1983) is an American heavy metal drummer from Staunton, Virginia. He is best known as the former drummer for death metal band The Black Dahlia Murder and metalcore band All That Remains.
Lucas began drumming at the age of 14 while also covering Slayer songs on guitar; he later joined percussion classes in high school. At age 19, he moved to Richmond, Virginia, and joined Cory Smoot in the GWAR side project Mensrea while playing with the deathgrind band Wartorn. While opening for GWAR with the band, Lucas met All That Remains vocalist Phil Labonte and the two remained in close contact. Lucas later moved to Massachusetts and joined All That Remains, replacing drummer Michael Bartlett. Lucas appeared in the All That Remains videos "The Air That I Breathe" and "Tattered on my Sleeve," and performed on tours such as Sounds of the Underground and Ozzfest 2006. Lucas left the band soon after to move to Michigan. He was replaced by Jason Costa.
In March 2007, Shannon Lucas auditioned for the melodic death metal band The Black Dahlia Murder on a floor display drum kit at the Guitar Center store in Canton, Michigan, where he worked. He was given the job, replacing Zach Gibson. Since joining the band, Lucas played on their 2007 release Nocturnal, 2009's Deflorate, and 2011's Ritual, and he appeared in the DVD Majesty.
On January 30, 2012, Cannibal Corpse singer George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher confirmed to Metal Injection magazine that he, Lucas, and Adam Dutkiewicz of the band Killswitch Engage were forming a side project, likely to be released on Metal Blade Records. In 2016, the band announced its name as Serpentine Dominion and revealed the release date of their debut album.
- All That Remains
- The Fall of Ideals (2006)
- The Black Dahlia Murder
- War of Will (2013)
- Serpentine Dominion
- Serpentine Dominion (2016)
- Drums - Tama Starclassic series Bubinga/Birch - pearl white with crushed diamond finish
- 5.5"x14" Starclassic series copper snare
- 7"x8" tom
- 8"x10" tom
- 9"x12" tom
- 14"x16" floor tom
- 18"x20" bass drum (x2)
- Cymbals - Sabian AAX series cymbals
- Hardware - Axis AL pedals
- sickdrummer.com - Shannon Lucas
- "Shannon Lucas". Sick Drummer Magazine. 18 November 2007. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "Shannon Lucas: Premeditated Metal". Drum Magazine. 2008-01-18. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "That Adam D., Corpsegrinder and Shannon Lucas Collaboration is Definitely Happening". Metal Injection Magazine. 2012-02-30. Retrieved 2011-02-31. Check date values in:
- "Mechanical BDM-Shannon Lucas". 2001-11-01. Retrieved 2012-07-28.