This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
11 October 1951 |
Seattle, Washington, United States
|Associated acts||Boy Meets Girl, George Merrill|
Her husband, George Merrill, was the other half of Boy Meets Girl, who are best remembered for their 1988 hit "Waiting for a Star to Fall". Merrill and Rubicam first met in 1975 when both were performing at a friend's wedding. The couple also wrote two hit songs for Whitney Houston, "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)", both of which hit Number 1 in the United States, among other countries, during the second half of the 1980s, just before Boy Meets Girl shot to fame.
Merrill and Rubicam have one child, daughter Hilary, who appeared in their "Waiting for a Star to Fall" video (she's the young blonde). They divorced in 2000 but have continued working together for various music projects.
In 2011, Rubicam published her first novel, titled The Wonderground.
- Hunt, Dennis (21 February 1989). Album Pulls at the 'Reel Life' Heartstrings of Boy Meets Girl, Los Angeles Times, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- Graham, Jefferson (28 December 1988). Boy Meets Girl: Now their `Star' is rising, USA Today, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- (16 January 1989). Boy Meets Girl! Boy Loses Girl! But Now They're Back Together, and Singing in An Altared State, People, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- Mann, Brent. 99 Red Balloons...and 100 Other All-Time Great One-Hit Wonders, p.71-73 (2003) (ISBN 0806525169)
- Shannon biography, Boymeetsgirlmusic.com, Retrieved November 22, 2010