|Born||11 October 1951|
Seattle, Washington, United States
|Associated acts||Boy Meets Girl, George Merrill|
Her husband, George Merrill, was the other half of Boy Meets Girl, who are best remembered for their 1988 hit "Waiting for a Star to Fall". Merrill and Rubicam first met in 1975 when both were performing at a friend's wedding. The couple also wrote two hit songs for Whitney Houston, "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)", both of which hit Number 1 in the United States, among other countries, during the second half of the 1980s, just before Boy Meets Girl shot to fame.
Merrill and Rubicam have one child, a daughter named Hilary, who appeared in their "Waiting for a Star to Fall" video as the young blonde-haired girl. They divorced in 2000 but have continued working together for various music projects.
In 2011, Rubicam published her first novel, titled The Wonderground.
- Hunt, Dennis (21 February 1989). Album Pulls at the 'Reel Life' Heartstrings of Boy Meets Girl, Los Angeles Times, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- Graham, Jefferson (28 December 1988). Boy Meets Girl: Now their `Star' is rising, USA Today, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- (16 January 1989). Boy Meets Girl! Boy Loses Girl! But Now They're Back Together, and Singing in An Altared State, People, Retrieved November 22, 2010
- Mann, Brent. 99 Red Balloons...and 100 Other All-Time Great One-Hit Wonders, p.71-73 (2003) (ISBN 0806525169)
- Shannon biography, Boymeetsgirlmusic.com, Retrieved November 22, 2010