||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Vyff's approaches in promoting transhumanism and cryonics were given exposure when her essay "Confessions of a Proselytizing Immortalist" was published in 2006 as part of the book The Scientific Conquest of Death. Vyff has also been interviewed by the media on subjects pertaining both to her approaches in promoting cryonics to the public at large (especially to children), and her own motivations for becoming a cryonicist.
Vyff published a science fiction adventure novel for children, 21st Century Kids, in 2007.
- Vyff, Shannon (March 2007). 21st Century Kids. Warren Publishing, Inc. p. 280. ISBN 1-886057-00-1. – science fiction adventure novel for children aged 9–12. The protagonists undergo cryopreservation and are reanimated after 200 years. The book raises questions about the technological singularity and time travel.
- Immortality Institute, ed. (October 2004). The Scientific Conquest of Death: Essays on Infinite Lifespans. Libros en Red. p. 296. ISBN 987-561-135-2. - a collection of essays. Vyff is the author of the essay "Confessions of a Proselytizing Immortalist".
Vyff is a mother to four children, each of whom are signed up to cryonics.
- Humanity+ Profile
- "Immortality Institute Leadership". Immortality Institute. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Nye, James (January 24, 2013). "Woman, 23, has her head frozen so she can be reborn after a cure for her brain cancer is found - against the wishes of her religious family". MailOnline. Daily Mail. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Dvorsky, George (January 21, 2013). "23-Year Old Kim Suozzi Undergoes Cryonic Preservation After Successful Fundraising Campaign". Futurism. Io9. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "Radio Interview with Dr. James J. Hughes". The Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "Freezing People into the Future: Uncover the Science Behind Cryonics". ABC News. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Perry, Mike (2007). "21ST Century Kids" (PDF). Cryonics. Alcor Life Extension Foundation. 28 (4): 6.
- Eating Less to Live Longer - ABC News
- Live to 150, Can You Do It? - ABC News
- Update: ABC News & Barbara Walters Special - Alcor NewsAlcor News - News Blog of the Alcor Life Extension Foundation
- Book | Imminst.org - Immortality Institute
- Book Review: The Scientific Conquest of Death: Essays on Infinite Lifespans, ed. Immortality Institute (Buenos Aires: LibrosEnRed, 2004), 294 pages
- Despres, Jonathan (Jan 26, 2008). "Interview with Shannon Vyff".
- on YouTube
- "Living with children while practicing calorie restriction". Evidenced Based Cryonics. July 3, 2008.