Shannondale Springs Wildlife Management Area
|Shannondale Springs Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Virginia opossum (Didelphis virginiana) may be found at the Shannondale Springs WMA
|Elevation||378 ft (115.2 m) |
|Area||1,361 acres (550.8 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Charles Town, West Virginia|
Shannondale Springs Wildlife Management Area is located near Charles Town, West Virginia in Jefferson County. Shannondale Springs WMA is located on 1,361 acres (551 ha) of hills covered with oak-hickory woodlands, brushy areas, and open fields.
The WMA is located 4 miles (6.4 km) east of Charles Town, along the Shenandoah River. Access is from Charles Town four miles along State Route 9 to Mission Road, then south on Mission Road to the WMA.
Hunting, Trapping and Fishing
Camping is not allowed at the WMA. A boat ramp is available to access the Shenandoah River.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Shannondale Springs WMA, retrieved January 2, 2009
- "Sand Hill WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- West Virginia DNR District 2 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations
- DNR map of Shannondale Springs Wildlife Management Area