|Predecessor||Shanta Mining Company Limited|
|Eric Zurrin <ref[>http://www.shantagold.com/about-us/senior-management][dead link]</ref>(C.E.O)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Shanta Gold Holdings Limited|
Shanta Gold Limited is a gold mining company, registered in Guernsey in the Channel Islands but which operates in Tanzania. The company is listed on AIM on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: LON:SHG) and had a market capitalisation of £63.5M as of 18 September 2013. The Tanzanian offices are in Dar Es Salaam. Its bankers are UBS.
Shanta's most important project is New Luika Gold Mine, in the Lupa Gold Field of south western Tanzania, which saw its first gold pour in August 2012. The company's mines are all currently in Tanzania but projects elsewhere in East Africa are envisaged. Shanta sub-contracts all aspects of the mining process in order to shorten the time taken for a new mine to become productive.
|Year||Gold produced (oz)||Grade (g/t)||Average price (US$/oz)||Cash Cost
per ounce (US$)
The following are the major investors that own more than 3% of the companys shareholdings:
|Odey Asset Management||19|
|Majedie Asset Management||10|
|Brooks Macdonald Asset Management||6|
|Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Mgt||4|
|River & Mercantile Asset Management||4|
- "SHG SHANTA GOLD LIMITED ORD 0.01P] London Stock Exchange, 19 September 2013. Retrieved 19 September 2013. [https://www.webcitation.org/6JjgMPDwq?url=http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary.html?fourWayKey=GB00B0CGR828GBGBXAIM Archived here". External link in
- "Investor Fact Sheet January 2013] Shanta Gold, 2013. Retrieved 19 September 2013. [https://www.webcitation.org/6JjfzUmFM?url=http://www.shantagold.com/investors-and-media/fact-sheets/2013/shanta_gold_fact_sheet.pdf Archived here]" (PDF). External link in
- Shanta Gold signs $30-million debt facility by Idéle Esterhuizen in miningweekly.com, 10 January 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013. Archived here.
- "Shanta Gold Limited Share Price - SHG, RNS News, Articles, Quotes, & Charts(LON:SHG)". Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "SHG annual report" (PDF). Shanta Gold Limited. December 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Shareholder Information | Investors | Shanta Gold". shantagold.com. Retrieved 2016-09-18.