This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||15 November 1985|
|Genres||Blues, Fusion, Country Pop Rock Singing|
|Occupation(s)||Vocalist, Musician, Teacher, composer|
|Instruments||Guitar, Piano, and Vocals|
Shantanu Arora (born 15 November 1985) is an Indian vocalist and guitarist whose songs have been featured mainly in Hindi and English. Arora is based in New Delhi. He gave his first vocal stage performance when he was 10.
Shantanu Arora was born on 15 November 1985. His Father Late Bharat Bhushan Arora was a Civil Engineer, His Mother Usha Arora was a banker before retiring and his Sister has her own recruitment company. His father passed away when he was studying his M.B.A and his mother took care of the family thereafter. He studied in Fr.Agnel School, Gautam Nagar and was selected in his school choir and school band. He participated in many School Music Competitions and won many including Pepsi Storm, Brother Bergins, Agnel Talent Fest, M Xtacy, Confluence, YMCA and several others. He participated and won music competitions in several colleges including BITS Pilani, Janki Devi, I. H. E and several others. He studied Economics in P.G.D.A.V College, Delhi University and was a part of his College Band. While studying in college, he established his Music academy by the name of Shan’s School of Music .
He is a disciple of Ustad Sabri Khan under whom he trained in Hindustani Classical Music.
Shantanu Arora, the founder of Shan's School of Music and a former member of one of India's biggest bands 'Silk Route' has been conferred with the KarmaVeer Chakra Award by Government of India and United Nations LAMP for various creating various opportunities in the field of Music. He has a degree in Music certified by Trinity College of Music, London and has over 12 Years experience in teaching Music. 
In order to promote creativity in the field of music, he founded Shan’s School of Music in 2003. The school gives training in various music instruments including Guitar, Keyboard, Flute, Drums and Vocals/Singing. The school has organized a number of music meets and events, encouraging students to create and play self-composed music.  Shan's School of Music offers music classes for children from the age of 4 years and above. They have classes for both boys and girls. Shan’s School of Music was inaugurated in the year 2003. At present, the services of the institution are being offered at 12 schools, 3 universities Engineering and PGDM and 7 corporates with a student base of over 800. In order to promote creativity in the field of music the school has organized a number of music meets and events, encouraging students to create and play self composed music.  These events drew media attention from channels including CNN-IBN 7, Delhi AajTak, NDTV India, DD News, Total TV, CNEB, Radio Mirchi and Zee News.
- Shantanu Arora's rendition is pure melody. His version is played on the acoustic guitar and begins with a 15-second introduction that is reminiscent of songs by the early '90s alternative American band Mazzy Star. The melody then seamlessly flows into the National Anthem of India on Guitar, with the guitarist playing a deft rhythm passage on top of it .
- Broadcast On Radio Mirchi 2006 With Ulta Pulta Nitin –Prime Time & with Saima-2007 Live Telecast on CNN-IBN 7 (Prime Time) -With Mohinder Amarnath and Kris Srikant for Cricket World Cup- 2007 -With Anjum Chopra, Bhishen Singh Bedi and Kapil Dev -2008 .
- Live Telecast on „ Aaj Tak’ for Page 3 party with former Miss World Diana Hayden and celebrity Vandana Vadhera
N.D.T.V –"Living with Multiple sclerosis" Judge and Guest Performer at I.I.T Delhi, Max Muller, C.I.T.M College of Engineering, Lingyas college of Engineering, Air Force Bal Bharti School, Fr.Agnel School, Don Bosco School and many others.
- Performance with Sarangi Maestro "Ustad Kamal Sabri Khan" for concerts in Bangalore and Gujrat .
- Performance for the Indian Army-Gorkha Regiment for Crompton Greaves Ltd.
- Various corporate events for Beetel, Dulux Paints, Adventure Park-Rohini, IBM, Crompton and SMS Siemeg.
Concert for the Irish Embassy.
- Organizer of ‘Rock Your Freedom’-2008-a music meet, at the Aravali, which got a coverage from Aajtak, Sahara news, Total TV, Zee News, DD news and CNEB.
- Organizer of Delhi Schoolhouse Rock- An interschool music competition in Father Agnel School on 14 November 2009. The event got a media coverage from NDTV India, Delhi Aajtak and CNEB.
- Performed at various clubs - Imperfecto, Roost, Roost Bistro, Raasta, Out of the box, Turquoise Cottage, Radio 21 and others.
- He has performed with various bands including Silk Route with Mohit Chauhan, All Seven Notes and Hyperion.
Vocals and music Styles
He is mostly a self-taught musician and has been influenced by Artists like Bryan Adams and Michael Jackson . He trained under Ustad Sabri Khan for a year to understand the basics of Indian classical music.
- At School, College and Professional level, he has won over 50 competitions including Pepsi Storm, BITS Pilani All India in 2005 and 2006, YMCA, Confluence, Sri Ram College of Commerce, IP College, Miranda House, I.H.E and Rotary Club Delhi University and has been actively performing in Public and Corporate Events.
- Shantanu Arora, the founder of Shan's School of Music has performed with the popular band Silk Route and has been conferred with the KarmaVeer Chakra Award by ICONGO and LAMP
- "Shantanu Arora LIVE & Acoustic at Locale - A 'StarClinch.com' Presentation". www.eventshigh.com. 21 May 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Shantanu Arora - Yahavi". yahavi.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- www.aadyant.com. "Aadyant - Query Form - Play School in Vasant Kunj". aadyant.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Shans School of Music, South City II, Delhi NCR - Hobbies - Acoustic Guitar, Base Guitar, Bass Guitar, Casio - mycity4kids". mycity4kids.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Shan's School of Music Guitar classes in Delhi NCR - UrbanClap". urbanclap.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Wangchuk, Norbu. "Five guitar renditions that completely re-imagine 'Jana Gana Mana'". scroll.in. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Songdew - Listen to Alternative songs by Shantanu Arora". songdew.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Shantanu Arora LIVE & Acoustic at Locale - A StarClinch.com Presentation!". allevents.in. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "About Shantanu Arora". www.talenthouse.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Lorraine Music Academy". lorrainemusicacademy.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Shantanu Arora". lorrainemusicademy.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
|This Indian music-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|