|Born||Shantel Yvonne VanSanten
July 25, 1985
Luverne, Minnesota, U.S.
|Known for||One Tree Hill
|Home town||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
Shantel Yvonne VanSanten (born July 25, 1985) is an American model and actress. As a model, she has been featured in the magazines Teen Vogue and Seventeen. On television, she played the role of Quinn James in the hit CW teen drama series One Tree Hill. and Detective Patty Spivot in the CW show The Flash. On film, she appeared in The Final Destination, You and I, and Something Wicked.
VanSanten was born in Luverne, Minnesota. She is of Dutch and Norwegian descent. VanSanten was raised in Spring, Texas where she attended Incarnate Word Academy (an all-girls college prep school) in Houston and Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. VanSanten also started her career as a model at the age of fifteen for the Page Parkes Management.
VanSanten first appeared as a finalist on NBC's reality television series Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search but was eliminated in the series' first episode. In 2007, it was announced she had signed on in a film adaption of the novel t.A.T.u. Come Back. Filming took place throughout 2007 in Los Angeles and Moscow. Starring alongside Mischa Barton, the film premiered in Russia on January 25, 2011, and in the U.S. a year later.
In 2009, VanSanten appeared as Lori Milligan in The Final Destination, the fourth installment of the eponymous horror film franchise. That same year, VanSanten was cast as a series regular on The CW television drama series One Tree Hill in the show's seventh season. She portrayed the role of photographer Quinn James and the on screen sibling to Bethany Joy Lenz's character replacing Hilarie Burton. VanSanten's role on the series continued until the series ninth and final season; her final appearance was in the series 187th and final episode. BuddyTV ranked her #24 on its "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2010" list and #21 in 2011.
VanSanten starred as Christine in Something Wicked. The film is the last to feature the late actress Brittany Murphy, who portrays VanSanten's sister-in-law Susan. In the spring of 2012, VanSanten shot the film Golden Christmas 3 opposite Rob Mayes, Mark Famiglietti, Nikki DeLoach and Orson Bean in a family, romantic, holiday comedy directed by Michael Feifer. She portrayed Vera Buckley on the television series The Messengers, before its cancellation after one season. VanSanten portrays Patty Spivot in The CW TV series The Flash based on the DC Comics character of the same name. She is Detective Joe West's (Jesse L. Martin) new protégée and is the only member of his new metahuman task force at the Central City Police Department besides Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes), and a love interest of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin). VanSanten will appear in the pilot for the USA Network's Shooter drama based on the film of the same name and the Point of Impact novel.
|2009||The Final Destination||Lori Milligan||Film debut|
|In My Pocket||Sophie||DVD release February 5, 2013|
|2011||You and I||Janie Sawyer|
|2012||A Golden Christmas 3||Heather Hartly|
|2009||CSI: NY||Tara Habis||Episode 5.14 "She's Not There"|
|2009–12||One Tree Hill||Quinn James||Main cast (Seasons 7–9)
|2013||The Glades||Jackie||Episode 4.01 "Yankee Dan"|
|Beauty & the Beast||Tyler||Recurring role
Episode 1.19 "Playing with Fire"
Episode 1.21 "Date Night"
Episode 1.22 "Never Turn Back"
|2014||Gang Related||Jessica Chapel||Main cast
|2015||The Messengers||Vera Buckley||Main cast
|The Night Shift||Chloe||Episode 2.03 "Eyes Look Your Last"|
|2015–16||The Flash||Patty Spivot||Recurring role
Episode 2.02 "Flash of Two Worlds"
Episode 2.03 "Family of Rouges"
Episode 2.04 "The Fury of Firestorm"
Episode 2.05 "The Darkness and the Light"
Episode 2.06 "Enter Zoom"
Episode 2.07 "Gorilla Warfare"
Episode 2.08 "Legends of Today"
Episode 2.09 "Running to Stand Still"
Episode 2.10 "Potential Energy"
Episode 2.11 "The Reverse-Flash Returns"
|2016-present||Shooter||Julie Swagger||Main cast
|2011||Fragile Bird||City and Colour||Distressed woman|
- Collar, Cammila (2010). "Shantel VanSanten". The New York Times. Archived from the original on January 24, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 17, 2009). "Shantel VanSanten joins One Tree Hill". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Gingold, Michael (June 17, 2009). "Something Wicked marks the final screen appearance of actress Brittany Murphy, who co-stars with The Final Destination's Shantel VanSanten". Fangoria. Archived from the original on September 7, 2015.
- "Shantel VanSanten on How She Relates to Her The Messengers Character". Young Hollywood. 2015. Archived from the original on July 12, 2015.
- Mateo, Ashley (February 16, 2010). "SELFy VIP: Shantel VanSanten". Self (Condé Nast). Archived from the original on August 28, 2014.
- Brown, Lauren (April 23, 2010). "Five Questions with One Tree Hill's Shantel VanSanten". Seventeen (Hearst Corporation). Archived from the original on January 24, 2016.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2010: #24 Shantel VanSanten, One Tree Hill As Quinn James". BuddyTV. December 13, 2010. Archived from the original on January 19, 2016. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011: #21 Shantel VanSanten, One Tree Hill As Quinn James". BuddyTV. December 7, 2011. Archived from the original on January 10, 2016. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- Abrams, Natalie (October 19, 2015). "The Flash's Shantel VanSanten on Barry and Patty's budding romance". Entertainment Weekly (Time Inc.). Archived from the original on October 24, 2015.
Shantel VanSanten made her debut as the quirky police officer Patty Spivot, who instantly bonded with Barry (Grant Gustin) and secured a spot on Joe's (Jesse L. Martin) anti-metahuman task force.
- Beedle, Tim (November 3, 2015). "Love and Metahumans: Shantel VanSanten Heats up The Flash". DC Comics. Archived from the original on January 24, 2016.
- Goldberg, Lesley (October 13, 2015). "One Tree Hill Alum to Star Opposite Ryan Phillippe in USA's Shooter". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 23, 2016.
One Tree Hill alum Shantel VanSanten has been tapped to co-star in the potential series based on the 2007 Mark Wahlberg feature film of the same name.