The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Stable release||0.2.6 (December 11, 2011) [±]|
|Preview release||0.2.4 (July 15, 2011) [±]|
|Written in||C++ with Boost|
|Operating system||GNU/Linux OS, Unix|
|Type||Peer-to-peer file sharing|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Sharelin is a terminal peer-to-peer file sharing client for Unix-derived operating systems. It operates on the Gnutella2 (G2) network. The project is based at SourceForge.net and was established in 2008. As of December 2015[update] it had not been updated since 2011. Features of the Gnutella2 network similar to those of Shareaza are being ported. It features a web UI allowing to control it via a web browser, which makes operation and maintenance possible in the various graphical environments commonly used in different Linux distributions.
The creator and author of Sharelin is "Sav", one of the developers of the Shareaza project. At the beginning, the idea behind Sharelin was to help Shareaza and the G2 network by allowing to upload and download files from Unix-based servers. The latest information about the project is posted on the Shareaza forums and on the Sharelin homepage.
A small part of its code is based on Shareaza. This justifies the similarity of the names of both clients; however there are barely 100 lines of code borrowed from Shareaza. The whole G2 networking code has been written from scratch; hashing and base32/64 implementations use code borrowed from various sources licensed under the GPL or similar free licenses.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sharelin.|
- Sharelin Project Home and Official Download Site on SourceForge.net
- The Sharelin Discussion Forums
- The Shareaza Forums, where Sharelin related posts are treated equally; previously main Sharelin forum (on SourceForge.net).
- Shareaza Home Page, source of the idea of Sharelin.
- Video tutorial for setting up and using Sharelin on Ubuntu by compiling it from the source code.
- "Sharelin - file listing". SourceForge.net. 2011-12-11. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "Sharelin - SVN Code Repository on SourceForge". SourceForge.net. 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- "Sharelin "About" project page". Hosted by Sav (Wieldar) on SourceForge.net. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- Sharelin homepage Archived 2009-05-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "Sharelin FAQ page". Hosted by Sav (Wieldar) on SourceForge.net. Archived from the original on 23 January 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- "sharelin". Hosted by AUR. Archived from the original on 2012-12-20. Retrieved 16 Aug 2012.