Lapena, a lawyer and English teacher before beginning her writing career, published her debut novel Things Go Flying in 2008. That novel was a shortlisted Sunburst Award finalist in 2009. Her second novel, Happiness Economics, was a shortlisted Stephen Leacock Award finalist in 2012.
Her fourth novel, A Stranger in the House, was published in 2017.
- Things Go Flying (2008)
- Happiness Economics (2011)
- The Couple Next Door (2016)
- A Stranger in the House (2017)
- An Unwanted Guest (2018)
- "In the world of Shari Lapena, everyone has a secret". Maclean's, August 14, 2017.
- "Shari Lapena follows up her bestselling thriller with another domestic nail-biter". Quill & Quire, July 2017.
- "Is Shari Lapena Canada’s next grip-lit star?". Metro, August 17, 2016.
- "Sunburst Award 2009 Winners". Locus, September 29, 2009.
- "Stephen Leacock Award 2012 Shortlist". CBC Books.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|