This article may be incomprehensible or very hard to understand.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(August 2018) (
The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ethnicity||Kashmiris of Punjab|
|Current region||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Place of origin||Jati Umra, Amritsar, India|
Madam Tahira Sharif
Asma Nawaz Sharif
Hussain Nawaz Sharif
Hassan Nawaz Sharif
Sharif Medical City
Hudaibiya Paper Mills
The Sharif family (Urdu: شریف خاندان) is a prominent political family of Pakistan, based in the Pakistani province of Punjab. Along with the Bhutto family, the family has dominated for much of Pakistan's political history since 1983. The family is of Kashmiri-Punjabi origin, settled in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan and uses the title of Mian. Muhammad Sharif, the father of Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif, migrated from Jati Umra, Amritsar, India, after the creation of Pakistan in 1947. He was a businessman who founded the Ittefaq Group in 1939 in Lahore.
- First Generation
- Second Generation
- Nawaz Sharif, Former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Shehbaz Sharif, Former Chief Minister of Punjab, current leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly of Pakistan.
- Abbas Sharif, a Pakistani businessman and brother of Nawaz Sharif and Shabaz Sharif. He died on 11 January 2013 after being electrocuted.
- Third Generation
- Hassan Nawaz Sharif, son of Nawaz Sharif.
- Hussain Nawaz Sharif, son of Nawaz Sharif.
- Maryam Nawaz Sharif, daughter of Nawaz Sharif, Leader of Women and youth wings.
- Asma Nawaz Sharif, daughter of Nawaz Sharif.
- Rabia Imran, daughter of Shahbaz Sharif.
- Hamza Shahbaz Sharif, son of Shahbaz Sharif, leader of the Opposition in the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab,Member of the National Assembly
- Salman Shehbaz Sharif, son of Shahbaz Sharif.
- Safdar Awan, husband of Maryam Nawaz Sharif.
- The Great Gama, grandfather of Kalsoom Nawaz Sharif.
- Ishaq Dar, father-in-law of Asma Nawaz Sharif.
- Mohsin Latif, nephew of Kalsoom Nawaz
- "The Sharif behind the Sharifs".
- "Sharif Family". GlobalSecurity.org. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Staff Report (31 October 2004). "Mian Sharif: businessman, kingmaker and philanthropist". Daily Times. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Sharifs seek NAB cases quashed". Dawn. Herald. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Kulsoom vows to return in a few days". The News International. 11 September 2007. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Nawaz Sharif's brother passes away". The Express Tribune. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Taseer, Sherbano (30 March 2012). "The Rebirth of Maryam Nawaz Sharif". Newsweek Pakistan. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Taseer, Sherbano. "The rebirth of Maryam Nawaz Sharif". The Nation. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Asad, Malik (21 October 2012). "Bakery tortures of employee: CM's son-in-law sent on judicial remand". Daily Times. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Asad, Malik (8 September 2012). "Court orders newspaper ad for Hamza appearance". Daily Times. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Baker, Raymond (2005). Capitalism's Achilles heel: Dirty Money and How to Renew the Free-market System. John Wiley and Sons. pp. 82–83. ISBN 978-0-471-64488-0. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Government of Punjab, Pakistan". punjab.gov. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Punjab Assembly Website". pap.gov. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Panama Scandal-Big Players On Screen, Pakistan". PowerPlay.pk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sharif family.|