Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts is an American writer and historian.
Harlem Is Nowhere
Her 2011 book, Harlem Is Nowhere, is the first part of a planned trilogy on African Americans and utopia. The following books in the trilogy will concern Haiti and the Black belt region of the Southern United States. Harlem Is Nowhere was named among 100 Notable Books of 2011 by The New York Times Book Review and nominated for a National Book Critics Circle Award. Harlem Is Nowhere developed from Lenox Terminal, a 2004 essay Rhodes-Pitts wrote for Transition magazine. It was shortlisted for the 2012 Dolman Best Travel Book Award.
- "Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts - about". Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved August 14, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Rona Jaffe Foundation Past recipients". Rona Jaffe Foundation. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- Jedrzejczak, Antonina (January 25, 2011). "Q&A with Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts". Vogue. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- Official website
- Profile at The Whiting Foundation
- Parul Sehgal, "Harlem Revisited: PW Talks with Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts", Publishers Weekly, December 6, 2010