Shariff Aguak, Maguindanao
Map of Maguindanao showing the location of Shariff Aguak
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|• Mayor||Zahara U. Ampatuan|
|• Total||166.00 km2 (64.09 sq mi)|
|• Density||210/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Shariff Aguak, Maguindanao|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Shariff Aguak (formerly Maganoy) is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Maguindanao, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 34,376 people in 7,323 households. It is the capital municipality of Maguindanao.
On July 30, 2009, upon the ratification of Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Acts No. 225 (as amended by MMAA 252) and MMAA 220, the municipalities of Shariff Saydona Mustapha and Datu Hoffer Ampatuan, respectively, were created from a total of 13 barangays from Shariff Aguak, in addition to other barangays from Datu Piang, Datu Saudi-Ampatuan, Datu Unsay and Mamasapano.
Shariff Aguak is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- Lapok (Lepok)
- Poblacion I
- Poblacion II
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- COMELEC Resolution No. 8169
- COMELEC Plebiscite Results for 3 new Maguindanao municipalities
- MMA Act No. 45 : An Act changing the Name of the Municipality of Maganoy in the Province of Maguindanao into Municipality of Shariff Aguak
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System